Thursday, March 25, 2010

One of Those Days

The manager from one of the other houses is visiting us for a few days. MAB is her mentor so she came to see how we do things. It's been fun. And kind of awesome because until we started sharing all the stuff we do I'd forgotten how much we have created since opening.

But yesterday, oy. MAB had already told me she and Rachael were going to come in late. I made some coffee and settled in to get some paperwork done (because when you're showing someone how you do things you're not really actually doing things). Then MAB called to tell me they are a few train stations away but she's been thinking. (This elicited an unspoken "Uh oh"). She asks how many check-ins we have. (Only 2 and one is a returning guest). Then she says,

"I have that big project to get done but it's such a nice day"...I think you should take Rachael down to the Market and show her around town".

Ever have one of those days? You have your plans and your to-do list and then your boss outta nowhere drops a whole other agenda on you? It was totally like that. Only not. Because my boss is composed of 100% pure unadulterated Awesome.

So that's what we did. Drove Rachael through Pioneer Square - the origins of the city- and took her to the Market, where we bought beautiful glass hearts, admired the many, many vivid bouquets of tulips and photographed the original Starbucks. Then the guys who fling the fish weren't flinging so I asked them to do it for my friend from a place where there is no fish and they set her up and flung fish over her head for her to videotape and one of the guys made the fish kiss her which made her scream like a little girl.

I took her up to Kerry Park to get the money shot of downtown and then up to Capitol Hill to see the old mansions and the cemetery where Bruce Lee is buried and for a Deluxe burger at Dick's Drive In. We drove past the spot where Kurt Kobain offed himself, cruised along the shore of Lake Washington and then went back to the office to share the lovely Red Anjou pear we'd bought at the Market.

Sometimes my job is soooooooo hard.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger sageweb opined...

I need to come to work with you one day.

March 25, 2010 8:44 AM  
Blogger Molly Alyssum opined...

You should take me on that tour too because I've only hit 5 of the 7 things on your list.

March 25, 2010 9:02 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

Did she get hit by a fish at the market? Only way to experience seattle, right?

March 25, 2010 10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I would've screamed too if you threw a fish at me.

Otherwise, it cracks me up that you and The Spouse give the same tour.

March 25, 2010 12:14 PM  
Blogger Mom opined...

If I come to Seattle can you be my tour guide. I would love to see all of that.
You have a nice job

March 25, 2010 2:51 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Yes, Sage, you do. And we have lots of peanut butter.

Next time you're in town, Mols.

No, Anne, just kissed. It was hysterical.

'Course you woulda, Poodle. And it's what we do.

Sure thing, Mom. Delighted.

March 26, 2010 12:03 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

Ha ha! You're a lucky girl, my friend. :) Although I love my job, too--so I guess I'm lucky, too. :)

March 26, 2010 12:07 PM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

do you have a position for a mature sales type person? I am ready to relocate!

March 27, 2010 5:55 PM  
Blogger Shrinky opined...

It's a year since my trip to Seattle, God, you've brought back some great memories for me! Um, should a vacancy come up around your place.. (jumping up and down with my hand up)!

March 28, 2010 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home