Tuesday, February 02, 2010

I Can't See My Shadow

I told myself this morning that I was going to download the pictures from The Child's Sweet Sixteen bash and get blogging about it. But then I discovered how many pictures were actually taken and now I have to go sort through them all and find the ones that best tell the story so that report will have to come tomorrow.

But suffice to say, it was a good party.

And also, I went to my first roller derby bout this weekend. One of the teams was skating to benefit The House so MAB and I went. That is a whole other blog foddery tale.

But suffice to say, I have decided that my roller derby name would be Julia Riled. I would wear pearls and an apron and whenever I blocked a jammer I'd trill "Bon appetit, suckah".

I wounded myself the other night while grating cheese. We've all done it...scrapped a knuckle on the grater. Hurts like H, bleeds like a stuck pig, takes forever to heal because the wound is on a bendy place.

Suffice to say, I won't post any pictures of that.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Anne opined...

love it, Julia! That's so fabulous.
Wonder if she ever grated a knuckle?
ouch. Blessings on your digit.

February 02, 2010 7:02 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

This was hilarious. Your roller derby name, not the grated finger.

God, I would LOVE to do roller derby!

Wolfgang Buck

February 02, 2010 10:34 AM  
Blogger Bad Alice opined...

Ouch. I never grate my knuckle because I never cook anything. I subsist on frosted shredded wheat and strong coffee.

February 02, 2010 11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

That groundhog really had me in suspense this year. /sarcasm.

February 02, 2010 3:06 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Hell hath no fury like a Julia Riled..Sorry about the knuckle buster.

February 02, 2010 4:22 PM  
Blogger Mom opined...

I think my roller derby name woule be Wilde Gramma

February 03, 2010 8:16 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

i love to roller skate....but would probably break every bone in my body if I tried it now. Julia in pearls....perfect.

February 03, 2010 2:08 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

Julia "Riled"--saying "Bon appetit, suckah"----LOL! Love it! :)

P.S. Buck won't watch football but he wants to see roller derby--aren't they both equally violent? :)

February 04, 2010 7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home