Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Or Words to That Effect

"Do me a favor," he said last night. "Pimp my blog".

"But you never write on it anymore," I said.

"I've been writing on it lately but no one comes any more," he replied.

"Hey, publish or perish, dude. If there's one thing I've learned about blogging it's that people don't come by if there isn't new content. I've lost a ton of readers".

"Really? What's your hit count?"

"40".

"What was it at it's height?"

"Over a 100".

"Is that because you weren't writing for a while or because you were writing crap?"

"Both, I think. Point is, you lose 'em if you don't keep it up".

"Well, I only get 3 hits a day. I want more. But be subtle. I don't want it to be obvious that I asked you to pimp my blog".

Oops.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Anne opined...

lol
rofl

this is hysterically funny.

Eric Dahling, visiting other blogs is another trick to get readers to come to yours.

June 23, 2009 9:42 AM  
Blogger Bad Alice opined...

When I chose my name, I didn't know there would be a cartoon Bad Alice. People show up at my blog searching for that, as well as for all sorts of odd google searches. They don't stay, of course. My stats always have lots of visits with 0 viewing time.

Just like in Victorian England, you have to leave your calling card in a number of places to get reciprocal visits.

June 23, 2009 9:56 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Does this mean you get to wear buttloads of bling,platform 'baby gators',and one of them great white Fedoras with an Ostrich feather jutting out of the headband?
..'cause that would be cool!

June 23, 2009 11:49 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

Eric.....see Anne's comment....I have visited, but no Eric visited me. I know I am old, am a bit boring, write a lot about cats....but just a "geeze cats again" would work. Lorraine....duly pimped.

June 23, 2009 12:27 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

I was thinking about this post Lorraine.....I should have left my comment on Eric's blog....I did visit him. He should be bringing about 30K home tonight girlfriend....your share is what? 85%?

June 23, 2009 2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha

So where's the book?

Peace

:+}

June 23, 2009 6:16 PM  
Blogger Lakshya Dhillon opined...

happy new year 2017 wallpapers
new year 2017 sms
Happy New year Quotes 2017
Merry Christmas Facebook Status
Top 50 SMS for New Year 2017
Happy Lori 2017
Happy Holi Images
Cards and Greetings
new year wishes
MysteryTips.CoM
Watch Live
Valentines Day 2017 Ideas and Saying
CBSE Results
Happy New Year 2017 Images
www.besthappynewyear.com

January 18, 2016 2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home