Tuesday, June 09, 2009

What's New in Rainey's World

Things That Are Wrong

1) Our fridge died. There was fish in it at the time of its passing. I had to throw out a lot of otherwise delicious food. Eeeewww.

2) The Cat is missing. She took off when The Dog's sister came for a weekend visit. (One dog is her limit...2 make her very irritable). Usually she comes sauntering back when the sister leaves but she hasn't. I know she was ok as of Sunday because an irritated (and very rude) person up the street had her in his house and had called Animal Control. I called him but he was, as I said, extremely rude so I didn't want to go to his house. I asked him to just put her outside because she knows where she lives. He hung up on me before further conversation on that or any other point could be had. (Bastid). But she still hasn't come home. I suppose I should call the rude person back but I don't want to because he scares me. I don't like confrontation. But I do want my cat.

Things That Are Right

1) When a 10 year old fridge dies there really is only one solution.

Agreed? Isn't it superfantastic? It will be delivered on Thursday. Plus, I always feel grand about stimulating the economy.

2) I got up this morning to find The Spouse being all Hilda Homemaker in the kitchen. "Are you calling me a girl?" he said. "Oh. I mean Harry Homemaker". "That's better,"he said, as he continued to wipe counters and hand wash annoying bits. (Definition of "annoying bits": odd shaped things that don't fit in the dishwasher but are covered with grease or other disgusting things that you don't really want to touch but you don't want to leave them lying around so you put them in a sink of soapy water but leave them overnight, resulting in disgusting water and still annoying bits).

3) The Child has finals this week and then is done with school for the year. Well, except for the whole having-to-go-to-summer-school-because-she-flunked-English-because-she-didn't-always-turn-in-assignments thing. Despite that reality (which, let's face it, is going to be a pretty big lesson about consequences in and of itself, especially as her mandatory attendance means no mission trip or drama camp this year) she really has done a pretty terrific job of adjusting to life in a big school for big stakes. I'm proud of her. I told her so last night. And, for a change, instead of pulling a "Muuu-therrrr" she smiled and said, "Thanks, Mom".

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Doralong opined...

I have total fridge envy right about now.

June 09, 2009 7:21 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

wow, loooky that that big shiny thing...

two freezer drawers?

our cat always came back if you got the food out or cranked the can opener.

did you call animal control to see if mr. rude turned her in?

wow, look at that fridge.

June 09, 2009 7:48 AM  
Blogger Mom opined...

Sounds like the good outweighs the bad.

June 09, 2009 8:14 AM  
Blogger Al In The County opined...

I must have your new fridge. We can't afford it, but I must have it.

Rude neighbor and the cat worries me. Have you thought about calling animal control in case he actually did go through with it instead of letting cat out?

June 09, 2009 8:18 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Sorry about the cat..I hope it returns home soon.

Love the fridge!

June 09, 2009 8:20 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

I want a new fridge....in black. did the rude guy maybe turn the cat in to Animal Control? Steve knows where the kitchen table is but not where the kitchen is.....

June 09, 2009 12:24 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I understand, Cuz. I understand.

The drawers are awesome, Anne. One shallow (for the things we'll eat this week) and one deeper (for the things we'll eat later). Like how I already have it organized?

Kitty has a chip in her neck...if she gets turned in they'll call us.

Mom, the point exactly.

Al, I could make you a helluva deal on a big ass side-by-side that doesn't get cold and smells like fish...

Rude neighbor worries me, too. Will you come beat him up?

Thanks, Sage.

Rosie, it's always a little shocking when The Spouse gets all Cleany McCleanerson. Wish he did it more often because the fact is, when he DOES clean it's waaayy better than what I do.

June 09, 2009 8:26 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

1) That's a lovely new fridge! :)
2) I'm confident The Child will come out on the other side of Summer School much better for the effort.
3) Guido really wants the name,address,and phone number of Rude Neighbor..

June 09, 2009 9:12 PM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

We love our new fridge --- freezer on the bottom, water in the door.
Sorry to hear about the Child and taking english over.

June 10, 2009 3:44 AM  
Blogger Lakshya Dhillon opined...

happy new year 2017 wallpapers
new year 2017 sms
Happy New year Quotes 2017
Merry Christmas Facebook Status
Top 50 SMS for New Year 2017
Happy Lori 2017
Happy Holi Images
Cards and Greetings
new year wishes
MysteryTips.CoM
Watch Live
Valentines Day 2017 Ideas and Saying
CBSE Results
Happy New Year 2017 Images
www.besthappynewyear.com

January 18, 2016 2:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Sorry about the cat check also I hope it returns home soon.

November 02, 2017 2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home