Thursday, June 18, 2009

Return Mail

Dear Poodle,

It's funny your letter should arrive when it did because the last few days all I've been thinking is a) I should really bust a move and call the Poodle or, alternatively 2) I really should look into air fare because I need a Poodle fix and January is too far away. So thanks for writing.

Poo about the quiche place. That was some damn good quiche. Plus they had that pink dressing y'all seem so sprung on. But I'm glad my dress shop is still there because I. Love. It. It kinda sucks that my favorite dress shop is in Omaha but maybe it's a good thing for my budget.

Yay about Fred. I'll cross my fingers that the next neighbor will be decent. Maybe someone with a rooster. Or a detective. That would be good. There are still mysteries which need to be gotten to the bottom of, if you know what I mean and I think you do.

That Jai Ho comment was damned funny. Laughed my ass of and then went to listen to the Pussycat Dolls.

I'm proud of you for hanging in there with the not smoking. As far as I'm concerned, bumming 2 smokes and NOT going out to get a carton (because, let's face it, that's what it would have been) is still pretty remarkable. You hang in there.

I have my "JOY" rock on my desk and think of you every day, even when I'm a slacker about other forms of communication. Can you tell I'm thinking of you? (Screws up face and concentrates very hard to send love vibes) I love you all the time, even when I can't be bothered to call. (What is it with us? Seriously?)

Please tell RoboMom 'hi' for me. She was so lovey and cute. Is your dad still a smart ass? Tell him 'hi', too. And while you're at it, would you please pass on my love to Minogue and John and Smay and all the other kids in Omaha? They were so nice to me and I miss 'em all. But I miss you the most of all because you're my Poodle.

I have to get in the shower now. I hope I don't drop any stone babies.

Love you like my luggage. I'll call soon. Promise.

Love,

Pumpkin

P.S. I tried to link your letter so this post wouldn't seem completely random but it wasn't working and, as I said, I've got to get in the shower so I guess we risk everyone being confused. Do we care? I didn't think so. Kiss kiss.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Minogue opined...

Ok, have to stop you. M's isn't closing, just Delice. A round of pink dressing for everyone will still be available.

June 18, 2009 7:22 AM  
Anonymous Minogue opined...

Ok, now that I've finished this post, I miss you too and hope you can make it here again sometime this year!

June 18, 2009 7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Yes, if M's were closing we would have to talk Minogue down from a balcony.

I was hoping at least somebody would get the Jai Ho comment.

Have a good day at work. Play nice with the other kids and look both ways before crossing the street.

June 18, 2009 7:56 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Minogue, Delice has the pink dressing in their deli fridge. I know this because when I saw it there, after we ate at M's, I asked JP what the deal was with the pink dressing and he had no idea. Maybe you do. Because that stuff is the bomb. And hugs.

Love you, Poodle. For real.

June 18, 2009 11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Didn't they also have the pink dressing at the place where we got the steak?

Honestly, I thought all restaurants used pink dressing.

June 18, 2009 12:57 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

I feel like a voyeur...but in a good family way.

June 18, 2009 4:15 PM  
Blogger booda baby opined...

It's fun to follow letters. Especially ones that say Poo. That's a totally underrated word. Maybe I mean under-estimated.

It's a grand word. THAT's what I mean.

June 18, 2009 6:41 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Poodle, do you mean the place where we ate the steak with the 'rents? Because I don't remember anyone ordering regular salad. Lord knows I didn't. So we can't really judge from the pink dressing. But it's definately a thing.

Rosie, I know exactly what you mean.

Well then, poo, Booda. Poo poo poo. (It is a good word, isn't it?)

June 18, 2009 10:23 PM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

I like reading other peoples mail. I am bummed about the Quiche place too..

June 19, 2009 10:17 AM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

Umm, dropping stone babies????

Never mind, I'm not sure I wanna know what that means. :)

June 19, 2009 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home