Friday, December 26, 2008

There's a Partridge in my Pear Tree

Did everyone have a happy Christmas?  Us too.  Lovely, lazy snowy day.  Nice presents (my big surprises...an iPod AND a big ass digital camera with all sorts of lenses and buttons and stuff.  Makes me feel like Annie Liebowitz).  There is something to be said for not entertaining on Christmas, let me tell you.  We lazed around and played and napped and didn't have to rouse ourselves to bustle and clean.  We ate late.  Most enjoyable.  



You'll recall I was having some problems with viruses on my computer.  Last night The Spouse informed me - after hours of Avast and Adaware scans - that my computer is "well and truly buggered".   He's going to have to flatten my hard drive and start all over again.  

Stupid spyware.

Hopefully fixing my computer is fairly high on his list of fun things to do next week while he's on holiday.  Pretty sure it is...right under playing with his new X-box and improving his Wii scores and...ok, maybe my computer isn't going to be fixed any time soon.

Well and truly buggered indeed.

Point is, if there's any blogging in the next little while it's because I was successful in dangly shiny items in front of The Child and distracting her long enough that I can get onto her new Mac.  

Now you'll pardon me while I use afore mentioned Apple to go change all my account passwords on every frakking thing.

Stupid, stupid spyware.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Random Thinker opined...

Spyware is evil ... a hex on it!

December 26, 2008 11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha (Note no w)

Hhhhhhmmmmm. Maybe some evil political wierdnesses? Strange it happened during that time frame.

Being a flower child of the love generation really does make one a bit suspicous of those types of things.

Yay Christmas!! Glad yours was good. As was ours. Give my best to spouse and child.

Peace

:+}

December 26, 2008 11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Please do not try taking any pictures of Miley Cyrus, Annie.

December 26, 2008 1:58 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

I am jealous of you for your relaxing Christmas...ours was fun, but definitely not relaxing. :) Good thing we had today to CHILL. :)

December 26, 2008 4:29 PM  
Blogger Willym opined...

I was going to say something like: well get that Patridge out of there before it make a mess but from the sounds of it, it already did.

Well you can take the time to take all sorts of lovely pictures with the new camera. And read all the instructions - yes you heard me all the instructions. We don't want any of this: what does that icon mean? as you about to take the Child's first sock hop pictures - assuming they have an equivalent of a sock hop at school.

December 27, 2008 1:32 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

I was going to say that starting over with a clean hard drive can be fun,because you get to organize things the way you like them.
But then I remembered that you always organize things the way you like them to begin with,so in your case the whole thing just sux..

December 28, 2008 12:28 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

I have literally gotten to the point where I scrub a hard drive a week. It irritates me but its better than the alternative I guess.

I do have a few systems running purely virtual right now but that does have several drawbacks. However, I find it eliminates the a large percentage of adware and whatnot, since everytime your computer reboots it erases any changes to itself and starts new. Ramble ramble ramble...


Hey I stopped by to wish you and yours a belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years.

Tell Eric I said hi! and that I have 4 computers that need some TLC that he can work on if he's bored right now. :)

December 29, 2008 1:34 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

RT, word! There is a special place in hell for the people behind it.

Anonyba, pretty sure the GOP is NOT responsible. This time.

JP, oh, come on...I have a nice sheet for her to wrap up in and everything...

MHP, chilling and contemplating is an important part of the season.

Sling, plus there's the whole business of getting all my short cuts back...which I hate because it's all so fussy and stupid. I'd rather just blow up the spammers responsible and then organize all the bits into nice, tidy piles. Then blow them up again.

Willym, point taken. But it's a really big manual...

Grish, just makes a person want to go "ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!" doesn't it? Hope your holidays are fab.

December 29, 2008 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home