Friday, November 28, 2008

Falsetto


I love The Child's playlist. Oh, sure, it's got a full complement of all things pop and teen-y...plenty of Hannah Montana and "High School Musical". She is also really into the soundtracks for "Grease", "Moulin Rouge" and "Mama Mia". Sometimes she likes to compare and contrast the latter with the original Abba songs. She also has a decent showing of hip hop and R&B (it cracks me up when she says "R&B"...I don't know why). The 80s are well represented, which makes mama very proud. The Beatles are on there.

It makes me happy that her taste is becoming broader and more eclectic. It also makes me happy that when she plugs her iPod into my computer to listen while she's doing the dishes what I hear doesn't make me throw up a little in my mouth. But the thing that makes me happiest is when she says, "Mom, I've gotta play this song for you" and then she turns me on to something like this:



Muse "Supermassive Black Hole"

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

The Child's cool. You should be proud. :)

November 28, 2008 10:31 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

The Child is rounding out her musical education quite nicely..Exxcellllent!

November 28, 2008 12:35 PM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Wow that is cool she is willing to share cool music with you. Hope you had a good t-day.

November 28, 2008 3:07 PM  
Blogger Caitlin opined...

Oh, my!

November 28, 2008 5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I believe if may be time to re-name The Child.

The Teenager?

November 28, 2008 7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha (Note no w)

Yay music!!!

Hope you and yours had a great Thanksgiving!!!

Peace

:+}

November 29, 2008 5:36 PM  
Blogger Leah opined...

I thought you were setting us up for a NKOTB video (they're back you know..hee hee)

Love The super-cool Child's pick!!

November 29, 2008 9:27 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

MHP, she sure seems to be getting there, doesn't she?

Sling, you were rubbing your hands with glee, weren't you?

Sage, sometimes it's the only thing she IS willing to share...and as long as there is a bridge...

Oh, and the T-day was delightful.

Caitlin, I know, right?

What? Uncle JP is no longer in denial?

It was a delicious day, Anonyba...hope yours was the same.

Leah, that would so have been something I would do. Tee.

December 01, 2008 6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home