Thursday, November 27, 2008

Dinner is at 3

This tree is a few houses down from ours. I wish you could have seen it this morning. It was alive with birds, foraging for the last of whatever seed or berry it bears. Sometimes a whole flock of them would fly over to The Neighbor's to scavenge bits of apple and cherry that haven't yet been taken by the squirrels and crows and then they'd fly back to this tree to chatter and chirp and peck. It was a Thanksgivingy sort of scene and it made me very happy.

I am thankful for many things this year, not the least of them being a meaningful, fun job and the fact that I get to eat a glorious Thanksgiving meal without lifting a finger. (Not quite true...I chopped onions yesterday. But turns out I didn't bake because some women's group came by yesterday afternoon with 3 pies...and we already had 3 plus cakes and I really was in the mood to eat the pie that others baked rather than fuss myself. So instead I've been very lazy this morning and I'm thankful for that. And for pie).

And of course, among all the many gifts and graces in my life, I'm thankful for you, gentle blog buddy. I hope you have a very lovely day.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Anne opined...

Many blessings on you and your household(s)!

November 27, 2008 4:33 PM  
Blogger Kimberly Ann opined...

Hope it was a wonderful one. I always think pie made by someone else tastes just a wee bit better.

November 27, 2008 11:49 PM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

A greatul heart and a kind soul... you are a wonderul person lorraine... Happy Thanksgiving

November 28, 2008 7:08 AM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

I'm thankful for you, too, Rainey!! :)

Hope you had a loverly Thanksgiving! :)

November 28, 2008 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home