Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Ramblin' Rose

I have two, count 'em, two Project Puget Sound reviews to do for you. Eventually.

The bedroom needs to be smudged with sage (the herb, not the girl) and a circle of salt must be put around the bed. Some malevolent force has taken up residence there and keeps kicking me into wakefulness in the middle of the night and I'm soooooo over it.

No matter what is going on, no matter how annoyed I am, no matter how cold and dark the morning dawns, knowing there is a hot cuppa joe in the kitchen is just the best damn thing ever.

The New York Times reports that we've been in a recession since last December. WTF? Further proof, I believe, that Sling is always right.

Yesterday I called MAB's attention to the fact that I was having a really good hair day and she replied, "Yeah, you had one last week, too". A good hair day and I missed it? I hate when that happens.

My cat has the sneezles. I should probably call the vet. Although it is a really amusing little sound.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Anne opined...

kitten sneezes are very cute.

hot toddy at bed time?

December 02, 2008 7:15 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Oh I got real excited for a moment about being smudged around. Anyways I actually have sage someone brought to my house just for that purpose. I sleep really well though so I don't want to use it..you want me to mail it to you? Just having it in my house has brought great harmony, I can pass it on.

December 02, 2008 7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I have never heard of this sage-smudging and salt-spreading thing. I'm thinking there should be a lime involved somehow.

December 02, 2008 8:54 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

A banana before bedtime (all that potassium) might help with the restless leg thing..That's what I used to do back in the last century when I actually slept with some one.

December 02, 2008 9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha (Note no w)

1) I will probably never correct your spelling. After all you have a degree in the subject, are therefore an expert and could be using wome wierd literary illusion or some such thing.

2) The cat is waking you up. Its just the kitty thing to do. They are awake and want some food. BTW I always blame the cat.

3) Restless leg? Ballet stretches - duh. Works everytime.

Peace

:+}

December 02, 2008 12:15 PM  
Blogger LostInColor opined...

Sling IS always right! I hope the kitty gets to feeling better!

December 02, 2008 1:31 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

OK....I was thinking it was the spouse that was doing the kicking....I was going to suggest a room similar to my snorage room....but if it is restless legs....I share your misery. No suggestions but I agree....sling is always right.

December 02, 2008 5:39 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

I love the word "sneezles"!--it makes me giggle! :)

December 02, 2008 8:32 PM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

The coffee in your kitchen is, indeed, very welcoming.

December 03, 2008 7:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Hi, Lorraine! Sorry I haven't been around. Just popping in to check on you. Glad I did because I'm smiling now.

December 04, 2008 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home