Wednesday, August 27, 2008

JP and I Are in the Same Time Zone Right Now

A fact he mentioned last night when I called to check in. That's all. I just couldn't think of anything for a title.




First off, it's only been 2 days but I really, really, really love my job. Love. It. Born to do it. Couldn't be happier. Good thing, too, because absolutely every muscle in my body is beggin' for mercy today.

My job is essentially administrative but part of it could also be accurately described as innkeeper. Trust me when I say, I haven't spent this much time running around since The Child was a toddler. Kinda nice to think I have a job that could actually make me trim and svelte again. Unless my extremities just fall off.

Second, I promise to develop a schedule that will allow me to write substantive blog posts again. Because there's stuff to say. Stuff, for example, about the Democrats in Denver. For now, though, allow me to mention:

I big, puffy Michelle Obama.

She is up there in the pantheon of Classiest of Classy Broads. I love her so much I want to put her in my pocket but she's busy right now so I can't. But she will be one of the most awesome First Ladies we've ever had.

Plus, I love how she dresses and she has great gams.

Also, imho, Hillary didn't hit a single false note last night and that pretty much left me in happy tears. I may have been paying too much attention to pundits but I was really worried that after last night the Clintons would have to be dead to me. But Hillary was a class act, gave a fine speech and actually made me love her again. Personally, I wouldn't have gone with the tangerine pantsuit, but then, I've always been more of a pencil skirt kinda gal.

I'm bummed that I won't get to watch any of the fun tonight. The Spouse and I have toget to go to a New Family BBQ at High School tonight. It will be dandy, I'm sure. Seriously. I have never seen a school work so diligently to build community from Day One. I'm sure they won't waste our time. Plus, we need to get our new sweatshirts. We'll be ducking out early because I have to be home for Project Runway.

Ok, so, I'm seriously going to work on the "substantive post" thing. And yes, doing a recap of Project Runway counts as substantive. Sheesh.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Citymouse opined...

I am so glad you like the new position. Is the child loving the school? Remeber when it was "second choice" -- things do work out!

August 27, 2008 8:18 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Ann opined...

Three cheers for the new job, Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama! And yes, the orange pantsuit was unfortunate. Not exactly understated.

August 27, 2008 9:24 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

I know,that you know,that I know how superfantastic it is to have a job you truly love! :)..I'm so happy for you,I could squirt!

And how about that Michelle!..I respectfully submit that she's a total hottie!..Hopefully,she'll be elected First Lady..

August 27, 2008 1:40 PM  
Blogger Bad Alice opined...

Glad you're excited about your job. It makes such a difference to love what you do.

Nice about the school too. The first thing ours did was to hand us the fundraising packet. With instructions not to go door to door. So,we're supposed to hit the captive audience of family members and coworkers.

August 27, 2008 2:02 PM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

I love Michele and Hillary...I thought her suit was the perfect color. But I am partial to the orange. Okay so after you get settled in at work..you do what I do...blog from work..yes..so wrong...but feels so good.

August 27, 2008 2:02 PM  
Blogger Doralong opined...

The pantsuit color, we just won't get me started there, OK?

Here's hoping we can go forth with a truly united front and take our country back..

Glad you're loving it dear, and on the bad days, you know where to find me.

August 27, 2008 4:34 PM  
Blogger Doralong opined...

PS- Sling, we have had a few total package First Ladies my friend- *AHEM*

Nothing wrong with being smart, on top of your game and smoking hot too (yeah she is actually) most evolved women don't mind if you notice the last part, as long as the first part was properly noted..

August 27, 2008 4:37 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Dora- Allow me to note for the record,that being smart is part of the total hottie package!..I've always thought so.
I've kinda tried to avoid the inevitable comparison to Jackie,but there it is! :)
I don't think it's too presumptive to say that I'm beginning to detect shades of Camelot on the horizon.

August 27, 2008 5:19 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Mouse, so far so good. She's making friends and feels really comfortable. And you're so right...I was journalling just this morning about the fact that she is obviously where she is supposed to be.

KA Whoo hoo, whoo hoo, whoo hoo! (But no whoo hoos for the pantsuit. Truly heinous).

Sling, I know that you know that I know that you know how superfantastic, etc. etc. etc. Please just don't squirt until I finish my towel inventory, 'k?

And Michelle is a total hottie.

Thanks, BA. I am unduly blessed. I'll keep you posted about the fundraising...from what I can tell so far parents only have to contribute to the auction. Wouldn't that be a dream?

Sage, I still love you; despite your orange-love. Not sure that whole blogging from work thing is gonna work...I share the office with MAB.

Hils really needs to take some stylin' tips from you, Cuz. And thanks for all the support.

August 27, 2008 5:24 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

Glad to hear it's going well, Rainey! *smiles*

And I LOVE Michelle Obama, as well. She NEEDS to be our first lady.

August 27, 2008 6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha (Note no W)

Ah yes, and why is it Ba Ha Ha Ha? Because it remembers 2000 and Gore and how everybody just knew he'd win but there in October and then the Florida. Lets keep our eyes on the prize people and maybe we'll get lucky.

Peace

:+}

August 27, 2008 10:23 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

It's going super well, MHP. Thanks. I've never been so happy to be a faceless grunt, a mere cog in the vast machinery of a large, uncaring wheel of commerce. Especially since I'm well suited to cogginess and the large wheel is actually pretty awesome, not to mention having nothing to do with commerce.

Anonyba, trust, my friend, no one 'round here has forgotten what happened to President Gore. And some of us are pretty convinced that it was actually President Kerry, too. No, I for one don't for a minute have any doubts about what we are up against but it sure is nice to be this excited about the person I'm supporting. You're right, we all need to do our part if Michelle is going to be our First Lady AND one way to do that is work on GOTV efforts. It's way easier to steal an election when half the voters stay home.

August 28, 2008 6:21 AM  
Blogger LostInColor opined...

what is a pencil skirt? is it a skirt with all sorts of cool pockets to put lots of pencils in, like drawing pencils?? If so, I want one.

August 28, 2008 9:06 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Lost, while that isn't the official definition of a pencil skirt, it's a creative notion. Rather wish I had one like that.

August 29, 2008 5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home