Friday, August 22, 2008

Pop Some Corks

Ok. I'm back. Busy morning. Errands to run, hair to get cut, groceries to buy. You know, like that. Oh. Right. And champagne. Had to buy champagne.

Remember how I said I really needed to be working by the time school started? Yeah, well, The Child's first day is gonna be my first day, too. Yep. I'm hanging up my stay-at-home mom hat and trading it in for whatever chapeaux it is that The Man makes you wear.

Cue the happy dance:
Meez 3D avatar avatars games

I've decided not to reveal too much about where and for whom I'll be working. Suffice to say, this is a job that is pretty much the epitome of everything I've done in my professional career, that it is meaningful work and, oh, yeah, I'll have a superfantastic boss. How superfantastic? You know NOM, The Neighbor's Office Mate who watches PR with us? Yeah, well, we're changing her name to MAB, My Awesome Boss.

How will we handle the adjustment? I don't know, but I'll betcha it'll supply more than its share of blog fodder. There will be challenges, no doubt, but right now I'm excited about all of it, including playing dress up and carrying a briefcase like a grownup. Tee. Also, hee.

A lot of you have been riding along on this journey and being super supportive and I just want you to know how much I appreciate it. Love you like my luggage.

You'd think I'd be totally freaked out about going from at-home mom/housewife to career woman, but I'm not. Partly because I've been ready for this for a long time. And partly because I've had such good role models.

If Donna Reed was my role model for housewifery and at-home-mommery, there is only one person who ever was and ever shall be my model for working woman:




Sonny Curtis "Love is All Around"

Labels:

27 Comments:

Blogger Leah opined...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Don't forget to take first day photos & more importantly-don't forget to spend your entire paycheck on FUN stuff ;)

August 22, 2008 5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

That was really nice of you to bring me a bottle of champagn-ya so I could celebrate with you.

But what are YOU going to drink?

August 22, 2008 6:09 PM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

I'm SO HAPPY for you! (I loved your choice of music).

Now, go and enjoy that bottle of Veuve Clicquot. You've certainly earned it, kid.

August 22, 2008 6:11 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

WOO!..and also,HOO!!
Be sure to get plenty of rest,and lay out your work clothes the night before.
Listen to your awesome new boss,and don't pay any attention to that Ted Baxter guy...Wait!..Don't forget your lunch..
And bring a sweater!..Minneapolis can get awful chilly.

Best of luck on the new job Rainey! :)

August 22, 2008 6:12 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

..and if you could get me Betty White's phone number,that would be cool!..but no pressure.

August 22, 2008 6:17 PM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

oh I love MTM. And super congrats on the briefcase carrying job. How exciting.

August 22, 2008 8:42 PM  
Blogger Mom opined...

Congratulations!

August 22, 2008 8:44 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Thanks, Leah. And trust...the first paycheck has already been spent!

JP, there's milk in the fridge. That'll do.

Knew you would, Buck. And thanks.

Sling, have I told you lately that I love you?

Thanks, Sage. Although this might cut seriously into our Word Twisting.

Thank you, Mom!

August 22, 2008 10:49 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

I wish you the best of luck.
If I had a job to offer, I'd get 'em in a bidding war and try to hire you.

August 23, 2008 1:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha (Note no W)

Yay!!! Grats to you, hubby and the child too!!!

Peace

:+}

August 23, 2008 1:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha (Note no W)

Yay!!! Grats to you, hubby and the child too!!!

Peace

:+}

August 23, 2008 1:48 AM  
Blogger Dana opined...

That is excellent news. I'm happy for you...

August 23, 2008 4:50 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I thank you, Iwanski. And should you ever have the opportunity to hire me I would certainly be happy to relocate.

Anonyba, it is cause for celebration in all quarters. Thanks.

Thank you, Dana.

August 23, 2008 8:42 AM  
Blogger Doralong opined...

Congrats Cuz! Now let's go get some new shoes!

The family's adjustment ought to make for some truly hysterical blog fodder indeed!

August 23, 2008 8:52 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Ann opined...

Congratulations!!!! Enjoy your champagne. :-)

August 23, 2008 12:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

We are ready for the trip with you.

Yes, leah was right. First day photos of you and the Child!

August 24, 2008 5:29 AM  
Blogger Seattle Coffee Girl opined...

Woo to the hoo! I hope the Nayb will take a picture of you standing in front of her car with your briefcase before you two carpool off to your first day at work! YEEE-OW! Well done!

August 24, 2008 8:27 AM  
Blogger Willym opined...

Congratulations - you know we were all rooting for you. Best of Luck on the first day and every day after that.

Baci di Roma

Will

August 24, 2008 9:02 AM  
Blogger LostInColor opined...

How wonderful!!! Congrats! Love the song! Where's the celebration party?

August 24, 2008 11:20 AM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

Just want to say good luck!

August 24, 2008 7:28 PM  
Blogger danny/ink2metal opined...

weeeeeeeeeeee! you've found a new place to run amok, er, i mean put your great talents to use.

have an awesome time in your new hat. it looks pretty fantastic on you.

and why does jp always bogart the cham-pag-nah!?!

hehehehe to sling for the mtm reference. that was a good one!

August 25, 2008 1:43 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

Congratulations on entering the world of still working....like you weren't working before???? You just get to go outside to get to your job now....and you will get a paycheck that's for sure.

August 25, 2008 1:57 PM  
Blogger Tweetums opined...

Congrats on the new job!!!

August 25, 2008 3:11 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

Congrats, Rainey!--and good luck in your new job! :)

August 25, 2008 6:58 PM  
Blogger Bad Alice opined...

Wahoo! Congratulations!

August 25, 2008 8:02 PM  
Blogger sfoofie opined...

oh yes! you are the one who truly enjoys the Veuve Clicquot. I wish you abundant happiness in your new role.

August 25, 2008 8:07 PM  
Blogger booda baby opined...

I'm SOOO excited for you!!! I've been too stupid busy to even check in and that's rotten when this is soooo much your perfect job.

Congratulations times FIFTY. (Although I really think just about anything's a good enough reason for champagne. We've got a spare bottle sitting around. I think we'll pop it just to celebrate!)

September 01, 2008 6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home