Friday, April 04, 2008

So Say We All


Today's video will be meaningful to exactly 3 of my readers. (Unless there are fans hiding in the shadows, in which case, hi - speak up already).

Tonight is the premiere of the final season of "Battlestar Galactica". And while the fact that the show is ending makes me sad, at least we all know it's ending and consequently it's not going to be all lame and weird like the last season of "Gilmore girls".

Mock if you will but I'll just mock back at you. BSG is one of the best written shows on television and if you haven't watched it to figure that out, shut the frak up. Or put it on your frakking Netflix list and see what all the hubbub is about. Or, you know, shut the frak up.

It bears noting: JP turned me on to BSG. He wrote a great review of the finale for season 2 and I was intrigued. I had to Netflix everything prior, including the miniseries that started it all (you totally realize that I am NOT talking about the Lorne Greene version, right?) to get up to speed but that was fine. By then, JP and I had taken our bloggy relationship to the "next level" and we emailed back and forth about it all. (Then we started talking on the phone about it). And you know what? The only thing that mitigates my unbridled joy about tonight's viewing is the fact that he won't be with me. I have to make do with The Spouse and The Neighbor. Which is fine, because I love 'em and all. Still. The good news: JP and I have already discussed being together for the finale.

Anyviper, all I can think about today is tonight so there you go. Today's video is an homage to the finale of season 3. Like I said, 3 of you care. But it was also the only video I could find of the song, which is an old classic with a fresh rendering. Which, now I think on it, is part of what makes this song a classic in the first place. Over the years it's been done any number of ways. Folks have their preferences. (I've heard many a Bob vs. Jimi debate get entirely out of hand). But it's a meaty enough song that it holds up to reinterpretation; possibly, in this case, reinvention.
So even if you don't give a frak about BSG, you could just play this while you unload the dishwasher or something and listen to the song.

Good hunting.


Bt4 "All Along the Watchtower"

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger sageweb opined...

Maybe I will go pick up the first 2 seasons, and watch them on a raining day. ..Darn...never rains here. I will check them out tho...you bloggers turned me on to project runway, something I would have never watched in 1 million years..but I did and I loved it.

April 04, 2008 8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

T minus 8 hours and counting...

I'm a geek.

April 04, 2008 9:28 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

All 3 seasons are out now, Sage. Reorganize your life and get 'er done. Trust.

JP, I'm geeking right along with you.

April 04, 2008 9:54 AM  
Blogger danny/ink2metal opined...

i could never get into the series. i think i'm too stuck on the original with lorne greene, dirk benedict and richard hatch. well, who wouldn't be stuck n starbuck and apollo? hot! hot! hot!

um, what was i saying?

April 04, 2008 11:35 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Danny, pft. A) Richard Hatch is in the new series and 2) hello? There are plenty of hot guys in the new one as well. Plenty.

Sometimes I think JP is right about you.

April 04, 2008 11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

See? Whore.

April 04, 2008 12:35 PM  
Blogger danny/ink2metal opined...

okay, fine. if there are hot guys in the new series i'll give it another chance.

anyway, someone has to be the whore in the group. it keeps the social dynamic balanced.

;-}

April 04, 2008 3:54 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

JP, I never believed it until now.

Danny, fyi, JP has dibs on Sam. Also, would you email me sometime? I have an important question to ax you.

April 04, 2008 6:58 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

It's Monday morning, but have finally gotten a minute to watch it. You know that song was my ringtone for a lil while -:P

April 06, 2008 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home