Sunday, March 23, 2008

Alleluia!

In the Catholic tradition, the "A word" is buried for 40 days. Not until the Easter Vigil do we again sing "Alleluia". And last night we sang it probably 100 times, at least, stuffing it into every possible acclaimation and chorus there was. It was awesome. Funny how you can take a word for granted. Because I'm telling you, it choked me up the first few times.

Mass was wonderful and now, well, now I'm getting ready to pull out the strata and fry up a mess o' sausages for the brunch guests.

It's pouring rain so the Easter Egg Hunt will be indoors. Which is good because it forced me to sweep hours before I might have otherwise bothered. Once the guests are sated and wend their way home, mommy is going to hit the rack for her traditional Easter Afternoon Nap, a sacred and wonderful tradition. (I did a lot of cooking yesterday and have very little to do for tonight's feast. I'm smug).

For those of you who observe it - Alleluia, He is risen indeed.

For those of you who don't - what the hey hey; Alleluia anyluia!

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Willym opined...

Christ is Risen!
He is Risen Indeed! Alleluia!

Happy Easter Lorraine, to you, yours and all who celebrate with you.

Willym and Laurent

March 23, 2008 12:22 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

And also with you, Willym dear! (And Laurent, too...I'm inclusive like that).

March 23, 2008 12:42 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Happy Easter kid!
Enoy your Easter nap.

March 23, 2008 1:34 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

Happy Bunny Tails.....enjoy your rain...it's snow showering here...the bunny is hiding.

March 23, 2008 3:12 PM  
Blogger Mom opined...

Alleluia! It is a wonderful word. Alleluia!

March 23, 2008 4:12 PM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

He has risen indeed!

Happy Easter!

March 23, 2008 6:45 PM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Oh an afternoon nap sounds delightful..except it is too late. Hope you had a wonderful bunny filled day.

March 23, 2008 6:56 PM  
Blogger TWISI opined...

Our Easter services end with the Hallelujah Chorus, I had chills yesterday thorughout my body.

Alleluia!

March 24, 2008 8:20 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

I have bad memories of Easter egg hunts. Wayyyy too competitive.

Still, I wish I were there.

March 24, 2008 10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha (Note no W)

He is risen indeed!!

Peace

:+}

March 24, 2008 12:18 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Sling, oy, the dream I had...

Rosie, poor bunny.

Amen, Mom.

Amen, Mouse.

Just enough bunnies to be interesting, Sage.

Amen, Twisi.

You would have had a good time, Buck. I would have hidden some eggs just for you.

Amen, Anonyba.

March 24, 2008 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home