Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Marshmallow Fluff

The Child wanted to be pranked bad yesterday. So for dessert last night I made her a fried egg sundae
Chocolate ice cream, of course, with marshmallow fluff for the white and some vanilla pudding with extra color for the yolk. It was disgusting. The Spouse and I had whites only sundaes. Yum.

I was talking with The Spouse about yesterday's post and the comments. It always amazes me what all y'all attach to in any given post. Some of you picked up on the trading spouses thing, and some on "How I Met Your Mother". Others of you weighed in pro or con for coconut and some got more specific relative to the merits (or not) of German chocolate cake. This could speak to a decided lack of focus in my writing but I prefer to think of my blog as a playground. Y'all climb on whatever rides you want and then we'll have a snack.

And speaking of fluff, dear Danny issued this Musician Challenge. Picking only one artist, one must answer the following questions using only song titles with no repeats.

And just because I love JP so much, I didn't use the Jonas Brothers.

1.) Are you a male or female? She Brakes for Rainbows

2.) Describe yourself: Quiche Lorraine

3.) Describe your day: Too Much to Think About

4.) Describe where you currently live: Dirty Back Road

5.) If you could go anywhere, where would you go? Downtown

6.) Your best friend is: Queen of Las Vegas

7.) Your favorite color is: Topaz

8.) You know that: There's a Moon in the Sky (Called the Moon)

9.) What's the weather like? Breezin'

10.) If your life was a television show, what would it be called? Is That You Mo-Dean?

11.) What is life to you? Cosmic Thing

12.) What is the best advice you have to give? Work That Skirt

13.) Describe your ex? Ain't it a Shame

14.) Your current relationship status? Good Stuff

15.) What's your favorite hobby? Runnin' Around

16.) When you think of your friends: Hero Worship

17.) What do your friends think of you? Keep This Party Going

18.) What does your current love interest think of you? Dance This Mess Around

19.) You always travel with: Legal Tender

20.) The best way to end a long day? Dancing Now

21.) Your occupation is? Housework

22.) When you grow up, you want to: Roam

23.) What does your family think of you? Tell It Like it T-I-S

24.) Your favorite food is: Rock Lobster

25.) You want to be remembered as: Song for a Future Generation

I think I gave it away with the first question. Whatev.




B52s "Deadbeat Club"

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger sageweb opined...

So I noticed Coconut next to the egg sundae...wouldn't a true prank have been a sundae with a real egg on top and sprinkles of coconut? Umm tasty..add a little peanut butter too.

Love your song choices. I am a girl that brakes for rainbows too. Except my interpretation is completely different then yours.

April 02, 2008 9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I didn't figure it out until number 11. Until then I figured it was a bunch of U2 songs I'd never heard of.

April 02, 2008 9:42 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Yeah, Sage, that's for the infamous German chocolate cake frosting. But I did think of putting it on the sundae, until I figured that furry eggs would give away the prank too early. But I'll make one for you with coconut and a peanut butter yolk.

JP, I'm pleasantly surprised. At least you got it before #24.

April 02, 2008 10:11 AM  
Blogger sfoofie opined...

thoroughly enjoyed the meme...
Did the child enjoy the prank?

April 02, 2008 10:47 AM  
Blogger danny/ink2metal opined...

ooh, good one lorraine! the sundae prank and the musician challenge.

i thought i figured it out from #2 but it's been a while since i've listened to my b-52's cds.

now wasn't that a fun meme?

April 02, 2008 1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

That's got to be one of the coolest AFD (April Fool's Day) pranks ever!

I am one of those weird folks who thoroughly enjoys the musical group in question but has yet to get around to buying an album. Hence...in the dark until #24.

***hangs head in shame***

Re: the various fixations of your posters, I will say that I don't watch much TV and, as a result, have yet to see How I Met Your Mother, rendering me ill-equipped to converse on that topic. (Although if I were going to watch TV, it certainly sounds like a show I'd pick.)

Being single (dammit), the whole spouse trade-in thing is also outside my area of conversational expertise...but I can think of a few actors who'd inspire at least a thought!

But I still loathe coconut in its solid form. Love the Thai and Indian foods with coconut milk, though. Much yum.

April 02, 2008 4:16 PM  
Blogger Kimberly Ann opined...

Wow, it's like the B52s are singing just for you. Now that's a cool soundtrack for living. Oh, and speaking of the B52s. Do you remember when they sang in the John Goodman "Flintstones" movie? I watched it again this last weekend with my son, thinking "it can't be as bad as I remember" - um, yeah, it was. Not even the B52s could help it.

April 02, 2008 5:13 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

You must do it, Sfoof. And btw, loving the new piccy of your cute self. The Child found the prank dessert very tasty but "really rich".

It was fun, Danny, and frankly, upon rereading, it is actually all quite fitting. Thanks for the fun, Camp Leader.

Syd, well, should you ever decide to rectify the album thing, get "Cosmic Thing" first. Just 'cause.

I am sorry about your coconut loathing but glad to know it will not interfere with the eating of various delightful cuisines because that would be beyond sad.

KA, I know, right? Kinda freaky. Love them.

April 02, 2008 5:50 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

In my defense,I don't watch 'Trading spouses' or 'How I met you're mother'..
BUT!...I don't know many U2 songs either.
So there you have it.
I do have fond memories of the playground however.
Playing four-square,swinging on the swingset,watching the girls in my class climb the Jungle Jim..

April 02, 2008 7:09 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Sling, far be it from moi to tell you what to do but a) you should watch "How I Met Your Mother" and 2) you should listen to more U2. That said, I totally pegged you as that guy on the playground.

April 02, 2008 10:07 PM  
Blogger Doralong opined...

And a good time was indeed had by all, huh??

April 03, 2008 7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home