Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Belated Weekend Update

Friday afternoon, actual email exchange between The Spouse and me-self:

From: Spouse
To: Moi
Subject: Check it Out




From: Moi
To: Spouse
Subject: Re: Check it Out

Did he autograph our cheese?

From: Spouse
To: Moi
Subject: Re: Check it out

No, but he autographed the crab cake cookbook I got you.

From: Moi
To: Spouse
Subject: Re: Check it out

Awwww...you're just the bestest husband ever.

From: Spouse
To: Moi
Subject: Re: Check it out

I actually thought to ask him but what would the point of that have been other then ironic?

From: Moi
To: Spouse
Subject: Re: Check it out

Plus, the whole "never being able to eat the cheese because Tom Douglas signed it" thing.



So guess what I'm making for dinner tonight?



Friday evening was, of course, The Golden Dragon Ball. The Neighbor did The Child's hair because I'm totally inept at those sorts of things.

The Child wore the dress her aunt 'n uncle gave her for Christmas and her Grandma Eileen's mink stole. (Shut up...the poor thing has been dead for over 50 years).



This is the only boy she kissed.

I stayed home and ate pizza and watched "Atonement" just like I said I would. Only it wasn't BBQ chicken pizza because I didn't make it to Trader Joe's until Saturday. Still craving that, though.

Saturday

The Child's volleyball team was finally defeated in a game. Rumors are swirling, based on a conversation one of our parents had with their assistant coach, relative to the legitimacy of the other team's strategy. See, half their players didn't show up for the game, which meant they weren't required to sub in. Consequently, their strongest players played the whole time. Hmmmm....

It was a drubbing; the other team is undeniably good-the only other one in the division with an undefeated record. And there's no debate about the fact that our girls have a weak mental game; they start losing and it messes with their heads big time. But still...

In the evening The Spouse and I went downtown for a CD release party for a friend of his. It was pleasant. I didn't know very many people and you know how I am in a crowd of strangers. But I drank a very tasty Cosmo, the music was hot and it was nice to spend time with my husband doing something other than being home. Even though we like being home. We also commented on how cool it was that we could just leave The Child home alone. I reckon that in 14 years we have spent a total of $20 on babysitting. We always had friends or neighbors who watched her for free. And then she was old enough to be alone. Score.

Sunday

Final match of the regular season. Each game was "who needs a cocktail" close but our girls emerged victorious, for a final record of 6-1 on the season. Playoffs are next week. Hopefully some dark horse will eliminate St. Sneakybutt.

Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Caitlin opined...

What timing! I just read about
the Tom Douglas summer camp 08.

Great photos of your daughter.

April 16, 2008 11:15 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Hi Caitlin! A Tom Douglas summer camp you say? (runs to Google) And yes, the kid cleans up nice.

April 16, 2008 11:17 AM  
Blogger Caitlin opined...

I saw it at tomdouglas.com
There is even mention of someone
from the Herbfarm who will
be participating. Wow. Wish I
could attend.

April 16, 2008 11:38 AM  
Blogger booda baby opined...

I don't know what the hell you're talking about or who, but what counts is the crab cake cookbook.

April 16, 2008 11:40 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Should I know who Tom Douglas is?

Daughter looks fantastic!

Do the Catholic schools get to compete against the public schools up there? When I was growing up they did but down here in CA. they changed it cuz the catholic schools kept winning.
Does this matter? No not really, just curious if your child is competing against one of the 20 nieces and nephews I have up there.

April 16, 2008 11:44 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Me too, Caitlin. Although the sticker price is a bit daunting. Tell you what. After I get my syndicated column I'll fly you out and treat both of us to summer camp with Tom.

Booda, Tom Douglas is a local chef. Well, he's actually more known than just 'round these parts, but he makes his home here. We like him. He makes triple coconut cream pie. And beat an Iron Chef in Battle Salmon. (Duh).

Yes, Sage, you should. See above. At the grade school level it's strictly Catholic vs Catholic but I do believe that at the high school level the Catholic schools are sorted into the various divisions and go up against the public schools. With God on their side, of course. (tee)

April 16, 2008 12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I feel a fool for not knowing who he is. But now, his name shall be forever etched into my soul.
Triple coconut cre... (passes out)

April 16, 2008 4:28 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

I was afraid to ask who Tom Douglas was.
I figured he was somebody that everyone in the world but me knew,and all you guys would make fun of me for being so clueless,and I would have to move to Paraguay,and change my name.
But that didn't happen...
The Child looks terrific!

April 16, 2008 4:32 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

(catches Hat and waves smelling salts under her nose)

It would appear, Sling, that the only people who know who he are are The Spouse, me and Caitlin. Around here, anyway.

(taps toes waiting for Kimberly Ann to show up and even the score)

April 16, 2008 5:10 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

How ARE you in a crowd of strangers? You were fun and talkative when meeting us for the first time. Then again, we weren't exactly strangers--at least it didn't feel that way! :)

April 16, 2008 7:04 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

MHP, exactly. You guys didn't seem like strangers because you weren't. No one ever believes this about me because I don't come off as such but I'm actually very shy, especially if I'm the one who has to do the heavy lifting. Like, if I'm in a room of strangers and I'm suppose to circulate and make small talk? That would be torture. If someone comes up to me and starts a conversation I'm fine but wow, oh wow really not so much on the room full of strangers thing.

Reason 412 why I could never be a politician.

April 17, 2008 6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

The Child = Lovely.

The Spouse = Ain't No Slouch Hissownself

Tom Douglas = ?, but the crab cake cookbook sounds like much potential yum.

I have no idea why I'm posting this way. Me = confused.

April 17, 2008 8:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Delightful dressed-up child! How fetching with the mink stole.

Yes, the children being safely left at home has advantages. So does having a soon -to -be- designated driver of 16. Hehe-just kidding)

April 18, 2008 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home