Friday, April 11, 2008

Making It Big

The Child and The Spouse are going to the Golden Dragon Ball tonight. What is that, you ask? It's the traditional Snow Ball except Student Council is, shall we say, less than ambitious and it took them a while to get their stuff together.

I'm going to stay home, eat a BBQ chicken pizza and watch "Atonement".

The Spouse will be home in time for "Battlestar Galactica". He was relieved about that. "It coulda been a deal-breaker, kid," he told The Child.

I have to show you how cute she looks today:
Her class is doing a unit on poetry and today they are going to create a coffee shop environment and read poetry to each other. She took our bongos so she can do a Shel Silverstein poem in the classic beat poet style. Snap snap snap. I also thinks her Gallic is showing.
Speaking of the French, today's song is. Except the chorus. This is quintessential power pop. It makes you want to bounce. I love it.

Superbus "Radio Song"

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger sageweb opined...

The child looks adorable. The video was nice too.

April 11, 2008 9:03 AM  
Blogger Seattle Coffee Girl opined...

Oof, she's so cute I could eat her up.

April 11, 2008 9:14 AM  
Blogger Eric opined...

What lorraine does not mention is that we discovered that song on Guitar Hero.
I was playing in the back room and selected the bonus songs selection and started to play it. The poppy nature of the song drew Lorraine from the kitchen and we love to rock it now

April 11, 2008 9:19 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

I'm going to start calling The Child Miss Simone.

April 11, 2008 9:46 AM  
Blogger TWISI opined...

Child = ADORABLE

Thank you for helping me decide what I am having for dinner... when I saw your post it was one of those YES! moments... I have a BBQ Chicken Pizza from CPK in the freezer!!!!!

April 11, 2008 10:11 AM  
Blogger Elroy opined...

For the love of God, will you guys buy a fracking Tivo?

I love BSG but I couldn't tell you exactly what time the show airs. When I'm ready to watch it, I go down stairs, hit the play button and watch the prerecorded show. No fussing, no skipping dinner, no rushing home from events. It's like butter.

April 11, 2008 11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Holy macaroni! It's a French Gwen Stefani!

April 11, 2008 3:47 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

We're all about the adorable and nice, Sage.

And then we'll have your baby for dessert, SCG.

Honey, honey, honey...I was trying to be mysterious.

Buck, right?

Twisi, always glad to promote the consumption of BBQ chicken pizza.

Elroy, mmmmmm....butter....

Hat, totally. They've even been compared to No Doubt...one can see why, no?

April 11, 2008 11:13 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

The Child is one cool chick baby..snap,snap,snap..

April 12, 2008 10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha (Note no W)

Only for the students with no non students allowed. Oh well.

Peace, Love, Harmony and Compassion.

Broke 200 bowling today!

Peace

:+}

April 12, 2008 2:50 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

The child does look adorable!! And I LOVE Shel Silverstein...my favorites are "Sick" and "What a Day." Fun! :)

April 12, 2008 4:48 PM  
Blogger Willym opined...

Any cooler and she'd be ice! She looks so serious... just like the beat poets I remember from the old Bohemian Embassy Coffe House in Toronto. Next thing she'll be on the road with Jack.

April 15, 2008 12:27 AM  
Blogger Leah opined...

Your child is adorable & cool at the same time.

April 16, 2008 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home