Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Wow. Wednesday Already?

The holidays sure play hell with blogging.

Yesterday I was supposed to be at the new coffee shop JP and I just opened. Was I? Nope. I was in my jammies playing Sims2 (hi, new addiction) and then torn away from that to watch all the Harry Potter movies and eat cold cuts with the family. (And when I say "all", I mean all but "Prisoner of Azkaban" because we have the jewel box for it but the disk is no where to be found).

I didn't even make it over to the opening of Hat's new blog and by the time I did get over there, there were already 27 comments and I was all "Meh". Not "meh" about her blog, of course, just "meh" about commenting. Which I could excuse on the grounds that I talk to her nearly every day so she knows I love her.

The holidays also play hell with housekeeping. Other than stopping to mop up spilled things that might turn sticky and throwing in the occasional load of laundry just so the lid would actually close on the laundry basket, I didn't do much. Too busy reveling and eating and all that.

Which reminds me that the holidays also play hell with the waistline. Only thing that's saving me there is the new Wii that came on Christmas day. I'm a pro at bowling. My tennis game sux, though. Still, at least it gets me off my butt once in a while.

But the holidays are winding down. It's the 8th day of Christmas and all the parties are done with, save for the Epiphany feast on the 6th which, because it's on a Sunday, will likely be a small affair. As in us and The Neighbor. Point is, things are getting back to what passes for normal around here. The Spouse is back at work. I can now see the tops of my kitchen counters. Oh, and did I mention? I'm working. Working as in "I finally got a paying customer for my organizing business" working. Whoo to the hoo! I meet with the client at noon. "Client". I love that word.

And as much as I love Christmastide, I am pretty psyched about the possibilities for the new year. 2008, people. Love me some fresh starts, however arbitrary the whole notion of "fresh start" may be.

I do have a couple of resolutions for the new year. 'Course I do.

* Listen to more new music.

* Read at least a book a month. (Seems I'm reading all the time and I happen to think that some of what I read in Blogtopia is every bit as grand and meaningful as an actual book but still. 12 actual books doesn't seem like much but it's more than I managed in '07).

* Bake more often. I say all the time that I don't really enjoy baking. But over the holidays I made 24 egg nog cakes, ham and cheese brioche, French bread and Caribbean sesame bread. And it was all really good. I don't think it's that I don't enjoy baking. I just forgot how satisfying it really is.

I have some other intentions for the new year but they pretty much all boil down to being more careful. As in, giving more care to those things I value. I got in my head a lot in '07 and the only problem with that is that it makes me tend to "phone it in" when it comes to the things that really matter. I'm going to try not to do that this year.

I'm also resolved to find "Prisoner of Azkaban".

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

See? Holidays suck.

I know that's not what you were trying to say but this is me twisting your words around to suit my own personal agenda.

January 02, 2008 10:11 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Ann opined...

Feel free to mail me any of your baking that you'd like to share. Also, I'll be sending you an email re my own organization issues shortly, so you'll be up to your eyeballs in clients.

January 02, 2008 10:36 AM  
Blogger Eric opined...

Oh yes more of the Ham and cheese Brioche. Is very nice indeed.

January 02, 2008 11:22 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

I was just thinking that very thing yesterday.

The thing about getting the dvd's into their own little jackets. I found an empty box for Parent Trap and a homeless Star Wars disc yesterday. Darn those kids! Well, The Girl specifically, The Boy doesn't do DVD's.

January 02, 2008 11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

So happy for you! I know that '08 is your year. And I'm with Eric on that Brioche. Yuh-hum! Call me when you get back from The Client.
heh heh. happy dance for you!

January 02, 2008 11:49 AM  
Blogger booda baby opined...

This client is very exciting!!!!

January 02, 2008 12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

No problemo on helping you wrap up Christmastide on Sunday nite - can't wait!

Also, wine tonight when I get home from work so you can tell my mom and I about "the Client"!

xo nayb

January 02, 2008 1:19 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

The Client!..Woo Hoo!..That's like,totally Susan Sarandon..

January 02, 2008 4:29 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

JP, you gays and your agenda.

KA, remember, you get the Blogger Buddy Deep Discount.

Duly noted, honey.

What is it with those girls, Anne? Not to mention the blank look they get when a DVD or CD gets all scratched up beyond playability. Kids. Sheesh.

Tippy tap, Hat. Hee hee hee!

It is, Booda. Or rather, she is. Whoo hoo.

For sure, Neighb.

I totally heart Susan Sarandon, Sling. Now you've gone and really made my day!

January 02, 2008 4:43 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

I'm enjoying Here's the 90s.
That's my decade, ya'll.

January 02, 2008 7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Yay re: The Client! Now you just need to get yourself into NAPO and a local BNI chapter, to see about making connections that will result in referral business.

Also...baking? Yum....

January 02, 2008 9:21 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

So that means you'll be stopping by and having lattes with us, Iwanski?

Already a card carryin' member of NAPO, Syd. But oy! Networking. Such a head ache it gives me.

January 02, 2008 9:47 PM  
Blogger Willym opined...

Client! YES! Let us know how it went. And that brioche sounds like it could go well with an espresso from the machine I got for Christmas. I'm just saying.

January 03, 2008 12:36 AM  
Blogger Blogger opined...

Ditto on the waistline hell!!! Each year I tell myself it really isn't worth it... and each year I spoon mountains of brandy cream on the mince pies.

Congrats on the client.

Here's to the speedy return of normality.

January 03, 2008 5:36 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Note to self: get many clients - fly to Roma - make brioche for Willym and drink his espresso.

And, Dariush, here is to the speedy reclaimation of waistlines. Or you could just pass the brandy cream and to hell with 'em.

January 03, 2008 6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home