Friday, March 16, 2007

Oh. My. Gosh. Friday

Oh. My. Gosh. #1
It's Friday. This less than stellar week is winding down. Gratitude abounds.

Oh. My. Gosh. #2
Not that this really is shocking or anything, but Karl Rove's fingerprints are all over a smoking gun in the firing of a mess of US attorneys. And in light of this new evidence, the latest is that the White House is now starting to back off their story that all this skullduggery originated with Harriet Miers, who is a) no longer in the administration and 2) was once the President's candidate for a Supreme Court justice. Looks more and more like Gonzales and Rove cooked up the whole thing. Again, not a surprise but now key Republicans are calling for Gonzales' resignation and noting things like the "pattern of arrogance in this administration" (Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Calif.- gosh, ya think?) ...I don't know, kids. Kinda hard to keep the lid on the schaudenfreude. It's spring cleaning time. I say, start with Rove.

Oh. My. Gosh. #3
File this under "Small, Crazy World". Turns out one of my dearest friends in the world is the sister of Krista Barth, who is representing Howard K. Stern, Anna Nicole Smith's "partner". This just cracks me up. I'm not even sure why. And no, I didn't get any dirt because KK isn't a purveyor of such things. She did tell me that her sister babysat Dannielynn during the funeral. Krista had never met Anna Nicole so she didn't think it was appropriate to take one of the limited seats from someone who had known her. Krista watched the baby so the household staff could attend. I think that's sweet. I still don't much trust her client, but hey, no one asked me to.

Oh. My. Gosh. #4
Last week Horizon over at "Message in a Bottle" posted some silly pictures of her youngest, which birthed a whimsical little game, that created a virtual rock band. Well, ever the creative one, Horizon has now designed a promotional picture and CD cover for said group. It is a triumph of photoshopping. If you need a laugh today you must go check out her brilliant effort. I think we all look quite superfantastic. Brava, Horizon.

Oh. My. Gosh. Look at the Time!
I must away. Haven't done the grocery shopping yet and am still reclaiming the kitchen after the flood the other night. The Cat has another appointment at 5pm and then, assuming goodish news, the evening will be devoted to fish & chips and a really good movie. I don't know what really good movie but I want to watch something terrifically light-hearted and entertaining. (And no, honey, that wouldn't be "The Sorrow and the Pity").

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown opined...

Wow, Horizon's virtual CD cover is great! Thanks for the link!

The Spouse is at the NCAA's in Spokane as I type. Lucky dog. He's watching teensy Winthrop kick Notre Dame's fanny. My bracket is a disaster already.

Hoping the news on the Cat is great!

March 16, 2007 1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Hooray for your clean kitchen!

Come over after the cat appointment and drink some wine. Because it's finally the weekend and you know what that means.

I'm glad to see the end of this week too.

xo nayb

March 16, 2007 1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I checked out your album cover. You're looking pretty hot. And you really rock the long hair.

March 16, 2007 2:15 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

That Horizon. She's a genius. I hate her. And oh, the March Madness. (Not like I care but I know everyone else does, lol). And thanks for the good wishes, Gina. I know Phoebs appreciates it in her own cat way.

Wine? The weekend? Doing the math, nayb.

JP, I know, right? I saw that and just about plotzed. Now I have a new goal to actually someday look like that (and get a Telecaster).

March 16, 2007 3:35 PM  
Blogger TWISI opined...

Movie recommendation...

Little Miss Sunshine

If you haven't seen it, I think you would LOVE it!

If you have seen it, you already did. Love it, that is.

March 16, 2007 4:12 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Kendall, That is totally on the list but tonight it's gonna be "My Immense Adipose Hellenic Nuptials".

March 16, 2007 8:41 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

I share your hopes that Sweet Lady Justice finds her way to Karl Rove.

As for the album, I'm alreay on amazon looking for it.

March 17, 2007 7:33 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Ah, Sweet Lady Justice...

March 17, 2007 7:47 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

I checked out horizon's cover.You guys are like TOTALLY HOT!

( "My Immense Adipose Hellenic Nuptials",that's a "recently hatched poultry" flick isn't it?..poor eric..;)

March 17, 2007 12:25 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I know, Sling. Horizon is my new best friend EVAH.

"recently hatched poultry flick" - lol - actually The Spouse is not opposed to the occasional poultry flick and actually enjoys the movie in question quite a bit. Sure, he'd like it better if there was an explosion or two, but he coped quite nicely.

March 17, 2007 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home