Thursday, March 15, 2007

It's All In Your Perspective

Do you want to hear about how the kitchen flooded last night while The Child was trying to cook dinner and we were waiting for Jen to come juice The Cat? No? Pity. It's a terrific, action-packed tale in which our heroine completely loses her cool under pressure. You'd have loved it.

But since you don't want to hear about it, I'll just say:

a) Thank God for Drano. Seriously. Because if it hadn't worked and I had to call a plumber today and spend some more money that I don't have I would have been grumpy.

2) God bless The Spouse, who did keep his cool and who knows how to use a plumber's snake.

Also, I'd like to humbly submit that trouble should no longer come in threes. That is a very inefficient use of trouble. Rather, I would propose that trouble be space out more evenly and distributed more widely. We all can do with the occasional dose of character building that trouble affords us but really, heaping one annoying thing up on top of another just seems excessive.

Now I think I'll go say a prayer for those who might welcome a clogged drain because it would assume the presence of running water and others who live daily with more than I've ever been asked to carry.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Nicole opined...

Oh man you are so right, trouble in threes sucks.

March 15, 2007 12:08 PM  
Blogger Seattle Coffee Girl opined...

My goodness, have you ever had a week...! K and I were just lunching and talking about you. And now you've had this latest kitchen adventure! AACK.

The Spouse is a manly-man, thank goodness for his skills in the plumbing area.

Keep your chin up. Hopefully, all of these threes mean you're in the clear for a while...

March 15, 2007 12:19 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

And the drain clogged because??? Snakes in a Drain...catchy title! Did you know in Japanese culture sets of 3 are lucky?? When my youngest son was married (DIL is Japanese) the couple and parents did a Saki thing with exchanging cups 3 times, lifting 3 times and on and on. But maybe that has to do with nines and not threes...just trying to diffuse the 3 thing

March 15, 2007 1:58 PM  
Blogger TWISI opined...

Hang in there "L" remember HE doesn't give us more than we can handle!

March 15, 2007 3:47 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Really sucks, Nicole.

From your lips to God's ear, SCG.

Rosemary, pretty sure the clog was just one of those cloggy things. It's not like The Child tried to grind a watermelon down the disposal or anything. And on the bright side, my kitchen floor hasn't been this clean in weeks.

Yeah, I got that memo, Kendall. Is it Friday yet?

March 15, 2007 3:57 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

"Now I think I'll go say a prayer for those who might welcome a clogged drain because it would assume the presence of running water and others who live daily with more than I've ever been asked to carry."

~~ You know that's why we love you, right?

March 15, 2007 6:37 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

"You'll never be burdened beyond your capacity to bear"..Glad to haer The Spouse was on the job!.
Personally,I'd just burn down the house and start over.

March 15, 2007 7:56 PM  
Blogger Pamelamama opined...

(((lorraine!!!)))

March 15, 2007 10:04 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I love you, too, Red.

That Spouse, Sling. I think I'll keep him. And keep the matches close by.

Hugs to you too, Pamalamama!

March 15, 2007 10:12 PM  
Blogger tkkerouac opined...

What do you think of the new Dove Ads I've posted?

March 16, 2007 9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home