Thursday, January 04, 2007

Christmas. Day 10. The Big Wind-Down

I'm over my dumpster hysteria of the last couple of days, having made prodigious advances toward the reclaimation of space and sanity. This involved, though was not limited to, taking down the Christmas tree. I like the idea of leaving it up until Epiphany but when the ornaments start jumping off it on their own accord, I can take a hint.

The aforementioned drama with The Child was taking place while I was bundling up the ornaments, which made me sort of sad because I would have liked the moment to have been as sweet and happy as when the ornaments were first placed on the tree. Oh well.

By the time I'd hauled out the tree and swept up the plethora of needles, she was calm again. She helped me get the decoration boxes up into the attic and then made cocoa.

One of her 12 days presents was a certificate for us to take cocoa and go on a car ride to look at Christmas lights. I really wanted to do it yesterday because for most people Christmas is over already. We found some very nice displays and did plenty of "oohing" and "aahing" and talked very nicely about many things. Not school. The cocoa was delicious and the time was even sweeter.

Her gift today was a wooden artist's model of a cat.

We saw 4 houses that had put up lighted peace symbols. That was very cool.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

sigh

January 04, 2007 3:49 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I'm sorry to pain you. Truly.

January 04, 2007 3:58 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

I'm getting so freakin behind on my reading. It's a good dang thing your not deleting everything like 'Someone' we know. :-)

January 04, 2007 6:50 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Oh, good. You too?

And I suppose Someone is entitled to do whatever he likes on his fancy new blog but Someone isn't being very considerate of those who might not make it over there quite as much as they would like.

Unless Someone expects us to go over multiple times every day. And I just don't have time to be that compulsive.

January 04, 2007 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home