Sunday, December 31, 2006

What are You Doing New Year's Eve?


I'm not sure what happened. I had some intentions for today, not the least of which were cleaning the house from the party remnants, dispatching a pile of papers and generally getting things all tidy. I have this thing about entering the New Year with nothing hanging over me; no laundry, no bills to pay (well, that I accomplished)...you know, just generally setting the stage for that "fresh start" feeling.

Not so much. It didn't help that we all slept in, what with SFYS ending at 12:30am. Deciding to help The Child reorganize her room took some time. Man. The stuff we found. It was like an archeological dig. Launching the new blog certainly had something to do with it. I had to drink coffee. One thing and another, it's now 7:15 and while there is light at the end of the tunnel, I can guarantee you there will be a lot left undone before The Neighbor shows up for our New Year's Eve celebrations.

But hey. Life is never tidy. There's always something to be done. The second you finish all the laundry somebody in the house changes their underwear. That's the way it is. And it's more than ok because as long as there are dustbunnies and dirty laundry and baskets of papers to look at it proves, once again, that life is occuring. A good life. A life full of friends and parties and challenges and blessings.

So the house isn't clean. Meh. It will be. And then it will get messy again. The New Year will dawn with remnants of the Old Year. I'm totally ok with that.

Wishing you and all yours a very happy new year! Where's the champagne?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Okay, so it's 1:43, and I ditched the afterhours party, and I'm home, and you're so about to get yet another phone call in 17 minutes.

Yes, The Spouse should start to feel threatened.

December 31, 2006 11:44 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Whose my Poodle?

January 01, 2007 12:48 AM  
Blogger HORIZON opined...

lol- l remember those archeological bedroom digs with the kids.
l am with you on the clean up front for bringing in the new year- it is custom in Scotland to do this- a fresh start- just as you said.
The very best for 2007 Lorraine!

January 01, 2007 4:10 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Well, that explains it, Horizon. I'm Scottish on me mother's side...must have got that "clean sweep/fresh start" gene from her!

January 01, 2007 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home