Wednesday, January 03, 2007

On the 9th Day of Christmas I'm Still Wishing for a Dumpster

Gina suggested that I need an "easy" button. What I need is a dumpster. Also, I need the other people in this house to frakkin' deal with their garbage when they generate it. You know, like recycle newspapers and empty envelopes. And hello? There's a garbage can under the kitchen sink. The counter is actually not the place for our detritus, people.

"Ooh," you say. "You're so gonna get it...The Spouse reads your blog".

Yeah, well, he's not the only one generating messes. I'm just saying. It's a little house. It doesn't take much to send things swirling into madness. ("Our house, in the middle of the street". JP played that yesterday on "Here's the 80s". Have we promoted our new blog enough yet? No? 'K. We'll keep reminding you).
But everything is going to be ok. Really. I actually got quite a lot accomplished yesterday, which includes dealing with our family room, which had become pretty much just a junk room. It is just neat as a pin now. And if it was a woman it would also weigh about 20 pounds less than she did yesterday.

Here's something completely random that I figured out. Most of you people are reading this blog while you're at work. Aren't you? I knew it. The ol' site meter showed at least a fifth of my audience disappeared during the holidays but it's steadily picking up again. Just thought I'd mention that. It's a little odd to me, only because I'm totally addicted to the internets and no matter where I am or what I'm doing, I have to find a wireless connection and check my email, that sort of thing. Yes, it's a sickness. We've already discussed this.

Speaking of sickness, I woke up this morning with a hangover. A blogging hangover. Specifically, a video blogging hangover. JP and I put up a lot of videos yesterday. We were driven by some sort of need to lay a foundation before we started doing the whole "weekend video extravaganza" thing. Why? Don't know. But we ended up posting something like 50 videos yesterday. And had 2 production meetings. Yet I still cleaned 3 rooms, did laundry, cooked dinner and all that other stuff. Amazing. How do I do it? And without a dumpster no less.

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I just love it when you say detritus.

January 03, 2007 9:36 AM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

Last night, I unpacked ... from the trip that ended last THURSDAY. So I'm in NO position to judge.

January 03, 2007 11:01 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Well, sure. It's a terrific word, don'tcha know?

And, R7E, you do have a maid. Let's just remember that little factoid, shall we?

January 03, 2007 11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

cos you're a wo-man.
W.O.M.A.N
I'll say it again.. etc

I don't read you at work, btw, although, dammit, I work from home so...

January 03, 2007 11:33 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Charlie, do you realize how lucky we are to work from home? I'd still like to get paid for working from home but still.

January 03, 2007 11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I love it when Evangeline loves it when other people say cool words.

January 03, 2007 11:48 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I love it when you love it when Eva loves that people use cool words.

January 03, 2007 11:55 AM  
Blogger Otilia opined...

fly power, baby. fly power.

January 03, 2007 5:04 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Oh Edy, if it weren't for my timer and my morning routine I'd be in soooooo much trouble right now. And the yearning for a dumpster has abated somewhat now that the Christmas tree is on the curb.

January 03, 2007 5:06 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Well My house is a mess and since I live out in the country it recently crossed my mind to have a giant barnfire. The wifey no likey but hey...

By the way I`m at work right now but I`m on my mobile. However, I Sooooooooo want to work from home...

January 03, 2007 6:42 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Ooh, a bonfire...that would be soooo gratifying. Maybe I could get The Spouse to stoke up the chiminea and we could have some sort of controlled, symbolic burning of assorted craptastic crap!

January 03, 2007 6:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

I am also addicted to the internets and check my email more than is healthy. If it weren't for my compuphobic spouse, who hates it when I am online, I'd be logging on to every wireless hotspot I could find, no matter where I was. But The Spouse gives me the evil eye, wonders why on earth I want to be on a computer when I am not at work, since I'm on one non-stop when I am. I'm sick.

January 05, 2007 1:23 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Let's start a blog for people who are addicted to the internets. With a site meter, so we know how many addicts there are.

No?

January 05, 2007 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home