Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Bloggity Blog

I still feel blechy but everyone was so nice yesterday that the desire to rally and blog something is stronger than blech.

So, let's see.

It's been icy and frosty the last few mornings, with gorgeous, clear & bright but very cold, days. As a consequence, there is still a glob of the gigantic snowball still hanging around. The Child and I go check on it every day. Maybe it will last til spring. That would be cool.

Today is Teacher Appreciation Day at school so the Parent Club thought it would be nice to provide a nice breakfast for them. Yours truly volunteered to make crepes. Leah would do yougurt parfaits and Jen was in charge of scones. We were going to meet at 7am in the teachers lounge. File this under "Ideas That Sound Great at The Time".

Last night I made the (ham, cheese, & spinach filled) crepes. I got up at 5:30 this a.m. to preheat the oven (which takes 30 minutes because it's gas so I went back to bed). Got back up at 6 to put the crepes in to heat and to make cheese sauce. Got myself ready then woke up The Child at 6:45 so she could get herself ready while I ran the stuff to school and helped set up and then ran back to pick up The Child (who thankfully did get herself up and dressed and fed AND made her lunch. She so gets snaps) and fetch the other 2 children for whom I provide a ride. Then it was back to the teachers lounge to help with serving and cleanup and all that until the bell rang and then we all sat around for a while shooting the breeze and eating parfaits. It was all very nice, the teachers felt mightily appreciated but next year I'm voting we make them lunch. Or cocktails. Ooh, an after school cocktail party...now your talking.

Anyway, the good news, besides making the teachers happy, is that there's all sorts of filling and batter left over so I'm making Crepes Florentine for dinner tonight. Yum.

Oh and hey. You know when I was shooting my mouth off about using a timer and accomplishing things 15 minutes at a time?
Yeah, I've so been doing it. Seriously. I have something like 8 chapters edited on that bloody book, which is chief among all the other things I've gotten under control and am generally feeling smug about. Having the evening "accomplishment" session with The Neighbor is really good, too. Accountability and a glass of wine...totally works for me.

I found a Canadian dime in my desk drawer. Should I just throw it away?

Oh, and remember the Bloggies? Yeah, well, the nominations have been whittled down to finalists and let's just get this out of the way right now, none of the worthy and incredibly well-written blogs that I nominated made it. Plus, and I don't really know anything about this silly things and how they work, but clearly the selection process is less than...well, let's just say that there actually doesn't seem to be a whole lot of effort into finding new and interesting blogs to expose to the light of day by virtue of this contest. One look at the political and entertainment nominees will tell you that. So I'm sorta over that whole thing and I promise not to inflict it on you again but if you really hate Perez Hilton (who I won't even link to in this post because I hate him so much) then you might want to go to vote for someone other than him. Just saying.

Now I need to take a little restorative nap.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Crepes for breakfast and dinner? Now that is the finest way to honor National Backwards Day that I have ever heard of. Good on you without even meaning to!

January 31, 2007 11:59 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Really? It's National Backwards Day? How in the world could I have missed that? Sreehc!

January 31, 2007 12:05 PM  
Blogger Seattle Coffee Girl opined...

I don't think JP will be happy with your reference to Perez...I know he hates that jerk because I lurk on JP's site. Eew, ick, that Perez is grody to the max. (And I said that with utter 80's disgust, just for you and JP.)

I think I'm going to come over for supper tonight. Those crepes sound fantastic! Snaps to YOU for making those teachers feel so loved and appreciated. That, my friend, is good kharma.

January 31, 2007 12:15 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

SCG: I think JP will be plenty happy since I said I hated Perez AND encouraged people to go vote against him. And dinner is at 6:30. Bring wine.

January 31, 2007 12:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Now you have me in a crepe-y mood! Youngest Son leaves Saturday AM at the crack of dawn for France. His "everyday French" class made crepes just this past week. We should have crepes for dinner to prepare us for his departure, dontcha think? And say thing like "s'il vous plait", "merci beaucoup", and "bon voyage, au revoir", just to practice for Saturday. Mmmmmm crepes.

January 31, 2007 12:35 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Oh, mais oui, Gina, I certainly think you should have crepes for dinner tonight. I think everyone should. How fun for Youngest Son!

January 31, 2007 12:40 PM  
Blogger Amy opined...

So, I am with JP, how is it you write three lines and get like 24 comments and I write my heart out some days and NOBODY notices (except Rosemary, thanks). But seriously, where do all your readers come from?

I guess that's a stupid question. I'm here because you are witty and entertaining! Have a good one! :-)

January 31, 2007 1:43 PM  
Blogger Renee opined...

My mouth is watering.

And you did it all while still feeling blech...

wow.

January 31, 2007 2:42 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

I'm voting for whichever blog shows boobs and plays polka music.

January 31, 2007 4:04 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

I will be one of the first to buy your book.

January 31, 2007 4:05 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Golly, J&BMom, that was a nice thing to say. Especially to someone whose head is so full of snot that she can't think up a witty and entertaining way to say "snot".

It's pretty much no big deal, Renee, 'cause I've been making crepes since, well, since before you were born, I reckon. Kind of a second nature thing. Except the funny thing is that I had effortlessly made (and flipped) 19 crepes and with just one to go I completely lost my mojo and managed to toss 3 crepes off the pan and onto the floor. Made The Dog very happy.

Iwanski, Those are very excellent criteria. It's how you vote for President, too, right?

Oh, and I'll try to get the book published by the time you have kids. You're not in a big hurry, are you?

January 31, 2007 4:42 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

I felt backwards all day, I guess that explains it...

January 31, 2007 9:50 PM  
Blogger Blogger opined...

Wow, lucky teachers! What a thoughtful thing to do. I would've been happy with a card...

You win this week's Parental Support Over And Above The Call Of Duty badge.

January 31, 2007 10:43 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

Restorative naps are nice. Crepes Florentine are even nicer. Life can't be all that blechy.

February 01, 2007 5:17 AM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

okay, i dont cook crepes, so im going out for lunch now...see ya!

February 01, 2007 9:12 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Isn't it nice when there's an explanation for these things, Grish?

Thank you for the badge, D. I will wear it proudly.

Red, I find that covering things in cheese sauce reduces the "blechiness" quotiant in life by at least 6 degrees.

CM: Wait...just let me grab my coat.

February 01, 2007 12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home