Monday, January 29, 2007

I Am Really Annoyed

This weekend I posted about a dream wherein The Child and I were walking on a muddy mountain road in the rain and she was naked and pushing her bike and how she kept wandering to the precipice from which I kept having to call her back, not wanting her to plunge over the edge. It ended with some (insanely clever) comment about how well I was handling her turning 13. And people left very nice and supportive comments.

So today I went to that post to add a label and then hit "enter", because that's a pretty ingrained sort of thing to do, you'll admit, and Blogger totally ate my post! And it didn't so much as burp or say "thank you", it just ate it up - poetic description, wit, comments and all.

And as long as I'm on it, because it has been a while since I complained about Blogger, sometimes when I save a post as a draft it completely disappears and doesn't save at all. Has anyone else had that happen? It's done that about 3 times now. (And yes, the solution is of course to compose in Word and cut/paste over here...I know that. I hardly ever do).

That is all.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

The other day, I "reinstated" the posts that I had hidden away in draft and about a dozen or so (utterly random too, no clear pattern here) did not make the transition. When I went back into my archive they had all just simply poofed away. Much like my own dreams. le sigh

January 29, 2007 1:27 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

Yep, ditto but I don't know how to sigh in Italian....and....I leave comments, then the message says you did it correctly so I go to another blog and when I go back to the first one...no comment. Blogger is a man, I know it.

January 29, 2007 1:53 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

And that is why I have spent way too much time today backing up all my existing posts to Word. And I really do think I need to try and compose in Word as well, just to be on the safe side.

Blogger is a man. A pissy old man.

January 29, 2007 2:03 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Can't trust blogger.

I write in word and do the ol' cut & paste.

January 29, 2007 3:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

I keep telling myself to a) compose in Word and copy and paste and b) comment in Word and cut and paste, and then never do, and kick myself in the arse when my post gets eaten or my comment vanishes. You'd think I'd learn. I'm hardheaded I guess. I keep hoping it will just work. Oh, and no, I have not copied this into Word. Fingers crossed.

January 29, 2007 7:19 PM  
Blogger Molly opined...

Auntie Raine. This week is Night of Musical Theater at the highschool for teenagers. DO you remember my friend Alex from the summer show. Well, this show is her senior project and I kept forgetting to tell you and then I would rememeber at the wrong times so here it is:
February 1,2,3 7:00pm Highschool auditorium $3. I don't expect you to be able to come since I gave you no time at all to make a decision but I thought you might be angered if I didn't tell you. Loves much.

January 29, 2007 8:18 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Not only does blogger eat my posts,but I've been having a hell of a time connecting to my blog buddies and commenting...Case in point,This is my third frakkin' try tonight!!

January 29, 2007 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home