Monday, January 29, 2007

Direct Quotes


Favorite part of the weekend: "Having a sleep-over with L".

Favorite gift: "The money, because I can do anything I want with it".

(Well, sort of. Half of it is going into savings for France, the other half is being hidden in a secret vault at the Bank Of Mom and will be accessed only after the proper forms have been filled out and notarized. Maybe not quite. But she's not going to piss it away on bake sales at school, I can tell you that).

"And my second favorite was the Bratz doll from L. OH! And the Jar O' Wisdom"1.

"You don't have to say that just because I'm blogging this".

"I'm saying it because I do like it. Oh! And tell Uncle JP that his was the first wisdom that came out of it".



















Favorite thing eaten all weekend: (with eyes lit up and sparkling) "Sushi!!!!"

Favorite dessert: "That sweet & sour chocolate mousse thing at that restaurant".

(The godparents treated us to a lovely meal at a very fine restaurant. The Child behaved as elegantly as she is able, although she was coming down with a nasty cold and as a consequence, was having to blow and spew fairly often. Which she nobly attempted not to do at table. The mousse, which was in fact "bittersweet" chocolate, not sweet and sour, came in a Florentine cookie cup. It did look delicious but I didn't try any, because I was preoccupied with my poached Pear Helene, served on a plate swirled with both caramel and fudge sauce).

She says that she doesn't feel any different. She did, however, tell me yesterday, "I'm going to go rest for a bit and do some journaling"2. Oh, reeeally? That's new.

Now we are 13.




1 Couldn't find a keepsake box I liked so went with a jar.
2 Dame Judi sent her a very nice journal plus a Venetian glass pen and ink set. Yeah. I'm jealous.









Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

You totally made that Uncle JP thing up to make me feel good.

I'm okay with that.

And so far Blogger has eaten this comment three times.

January 29, 2007 12:10 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I totally did not make it up. And I have someone calling right now to verify that point.

January 29, 2007 12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Wonderful! And hello? That teenager of yours is a knockout. I'll be sending you an iron maiden for her 14th.

January 29, 2007 1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I will verify as I was in attendance. JP's was the first wisdom to exit.

January 29, 2007 1:25 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Thank you, Eva. Do those run according to dress sizes? Let's say a 2 Petite.

See, JP? Told ya.

January 29, 2007 2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Yes, The Child has now called to chastise me for calling her mother a liar and I will never be able to do it again.

The apple didn't fall far from that tree, and I'm not talking about the one in the driveway.

January 29, 2007 2:04 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

And don't you forget it, missy.

January 29, 2007 2:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Sounds like a totally fab day! The jar of wisdom was genius. The journal and pen - I'm jealous too!

January 29, 2007 7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home