Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Call for Change.


Call For Change

You already received this week's diatribe on the importance of voting. And as you know, I myself am rushing off to do my bit in the trenches today. However, the folks over at Moveon.org asked me (and thousands of other members who blog) if we'd put in a plug for their "Call for Change" program...a GOTV effort that's pretty simple. You contact Moveon, they give you some numbers and you call from your cell or home to get out the vote.

I know you are all busy people. And maybe it feels like it's too late to jump on the bandwagon. It's not too late. Not till the polls close. If you're curious, go to Moveon.org and click on the link. They'll hook you up.

I know most of you are planning on getting out there today and voting. Maybe you have time to make some calls as well. And be bold, ask everyone you encounter today, "Have you voted yet?" Let's turn 'em out, people.

Now I have to get out there and practise what I preach.

3 Comments:

Blogger TWISI opined...

thanks for helping with the fight!

November 07, 2006 8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I recommend that you call on behalf of your local Democratic Party but not MoveOn.org.

MoveOn.org has disgraced itself, and the Democratic Party, by knowingly and willfully allowing its Action Forum to be used as a platform for the most vicious imaginable anti-Semitic, racist, and anti-Catholic hate speech, such as blood libels of Jews (saying that the Talmud commands Jews to "slaughter" non-Jews), deriding prominent African-Americans as "house slaves," and calling the Pope a Nazi.

MoveOn.org tried to deny knowing about the hate speech, which they called a conservative plot to smear the organization. The problem is that MoveOn's own FAQ page for the Action Forum shows that MoveOn.org knew about the hate speech and chose to let it stand, while censoring other postings. There is additional proof as well, in the form of correspondence and eyewitness testimony.

MoveOn.org is a liability to the Democratic Party.

P.S. I'm voting for an equal number of Democrats and Republicans today. Were it not for one Democrat accepting MoveOn's endorsement, I'd be voting for more Democrats than Republicans.

November 07, 2006 8:38 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Kendall, You're welcome.

Bill, I appreciate the feedback and I'll look into some of this stuff because, frankly, it's news to me. For what it's worth, the folks I was working with today were calling on behalf of the party. I've had a lot of respect for Moveon since its inception but have frankly, come to hate the Action Forum thing because it is tedious and I've yet to feel that it really works the way it is intended.

I appreciate your input. In the end, it looks like the Dems have done what they needed to do and that makes me very happy. And I applaud you for participating and voting and just generally paying attention because THAT is what this democracy thing is all about.

November 08, 2006 1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home