Sunday, November 05, 2006

Money for Nothing & Your Chicks for Free

Well, kids, it's time to wrap up our all '80's weekend. I could play vj all day, obviously, and I know I've left out plenty of musical gems. JP gives special attention to one such nugget (so go over there and listen to Aha).

We'll finish up this installment of "All '80s All the Time" with four more of my personal favorites (because it's my show). These all sound as good today as they did 20 years ago. Because they are classics.











Hope you've enjoyed this little retrospective as much as I enjoyed bringing it to you. Maybe we'll do it again sometime. Until then, stay pretty in pink and always, always walk like an Egyptian.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

You remembered Thomas Dolby! Quintessential!

November 05, 2006 11:50 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Duh. He was the first man to help me understand that geeks could be hot. Probably wouldn't have married The Spouse without Thomas Dolby (who, I understand, is doing quite well for himself as mogol of some IT company in California & still performing on occasion).

November 06, 2006 6:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Awesome! Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

November 06, 2006 11:43 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

You're more than welcome. it was fun.

November 06, 2006 11:44 AM  
Blogger Allan opined...

Gosh, I'm sorry I missed this- I was busy playing 80's music on my local FM station- mostly I played a lot of anti-Reagan/Thatcher punk & rock (Clash, Damned, Neil Young (!) etc...
I wanted to play Gary Numan, but his good stuff was from 1977-1979... ah well...

November 07, 2006 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home