Thursday, July 06, 2006

Is it Thursday? Already?

First of all, I've been getting in touch with my Inner Amy, but Blogger is being a booger about uploading pictures so you're just going to have to wait. (Dammit).

Also, the whole having a holiday on Tuesday thing is wrecking havoc with my week. Yesterday felt like Saturday, which gave me a false sense of nobility as I weeded the kitchen garden and did laundry. You know, because I don't usually bother with things like that on the weekend. Plus now, here it is, Thursday already, which means it actually is almost the weekend. Which is going to be busy because we're going to the track on Saturday (Costco Family Day) and Sunday The Child and I are going to go to a family get-together as one of the New Jersey cousins is coming through town with his wife. I haven't seen my cousin in about 15 years and I haven't seen his wife in, like, 20. So that will be big fun. Plus, we've decided to stay overnight with my baby sister and her family, which will be delightful because she is delightful, her children are delightful and her husband is a hoot. The Spouse, meanwhile, will be working on a movie as part of the crew. Just for fun.

I did go work out with The Neighbor this morning, which is important because a) I haven't been doing that and 2) it got me started plenty early so maybe, just maybe, today will feel like a regular weekday and I'll spend less time playing Age of Empires III. *

I shall now go make myself useful and wait on the time when Blogger deigns to upload pictures again.



* Which I've decided I like well enough, Pat. The graphics are terrific and the learning curve wasn't too daunting. There's still a lot of stuff I have yet to really utilize in the game but some of the positives are that the techs are consolidated on fewer buildings so you aren't jumping around all the time. Your colonists don't have to waste time and resources building lumber and mining camps and even at their lowest level they seem to accrue resources faster. I miss the god powers and relic monkeys from Age of Mythology but having played and compared all the civilizations and most of the maps I was growing weary of it. AoE III is a nice change. Except that my laptop doesn't support it as well as a PC would. I can't even bother building ships because if there's a sea battle, fuggedaboudit. But otherwise, it's all good.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home