Wednesday, July 05, 2006

5th o' Juleye

I cain't rightly remember how it all got started but for some years now we been celerbratin' the 4th of Juleye in our own kinda way. Some chip goes off in our heads, we get our "red state" on and invite folks over to the double wide for the annual Trailer Trash party with the Hogswallers.
This year was a little traumatic 'cause right to the beginnin' of the party we got a visit from S.P.A.S.T.I.C., the Seward Park Area Sanitation and Transportation Inspection Commitee:




















They done cited us for everything:

Lawn too green
Missing the 3 required delapitated vehicles in front yard
No dead plants in yard
Missing toilet planter in front yard
Outdated Bush-Cheney sticker in window
Beer bottles in yard ('sposed to be cans only)
Missed playin' "Sweet Home Alabama" the required once an hour
and our music was playing too soft.

If we don't comply by Saturday we cain't go to poker night.

But we poured oil on the troubled waters by invitin' ol' Chevy and Noxema in for a corn dog and a beer and that seemed to make them settle right down.




Here's me, Merlene, posin' for the Kodak. I done borrowed that belly from Miss Katie Holmes seein' as she don't need it no more. Check out my genuwine faux alligator pleather pants. Purty!














And here's me and Li'l Bit. She did her hair and makeup all herself, what with her about to be graduated from the Caesar Tugade School of Beauty. The first Hogswaller graduate ever! We be so proud. She's gonna have the first chair down to the Glamorama in no time!


Here be me 'n the girls. That be Noxema over there to your left and Shelley Lynn, the Divorcee from Across the Way in the center. Ain't they purty? You cain't rightly tell but Shelley Lynn and I were sportin' some fine looking press-on nails. A course, it meant that Buck had to make the corn dogs 'cause I weren't good for much 'cept drinkin' and eatin' once them nails went on.



















And talk about eatin'. We always cook up corn dogs for the 4th. Shelley Lynn brought over some deelishus tater salad and I made up a batch of my famous baked beans. Talk about good!


















Here be Chevy (we call 'im Half Ton) playin' with our hound.

Poor Buck. He was plum worn out from all that deep fryin' and whatnot. Plus he jest got back from a 2 week haul for the Feed and Seed.

So then, after we done et and laughed it up fer a while we went on up to the High Pasture with the rest of the neighbor folk to watch the fireworks displays over to town. From our hill we can see both of the big city shows plus all the fireworks what people do round about their own homes. We had a big ol' squall roll through around 4 o'clock ('bout the time Shelley Lynne and me was doin' our nails) and I was a feared that the evenin' would not be suited to the festivities but it cleared up right fine and we had a good ol' time.

Now, I'll tell you what. The 4th of Juleye means many things to many people but to me it means freedom. Includin' the freedom to be as silly and politically incorrect as you sometimes feel the need to be. Is this a great country or what?

12 Comments:

Blogger Nicole opined...

You cannot imagine how much I want a corn dog. I'd like a recipe for that and for your famous baked beans please (I've been using Martha's). I've found a lavander recipe for you, by the way. I'll post it today if I can or tomorrow at the latest.

July 05, 2006 10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

So sorry that me and Brit couldn't make it. Sean Preston got a nasty sunburn from ridin' in his new carseat and I'm busy writing more new songs for my album 'cause the record company said 3 was not enuff.

What rhymes with "illigitimate?"

July 05, 2006 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Damn, Kevin. And we was talking about y'all and wishin' you'd a been there. We saved y'all a corn dog, though. Now don't go droppin' that baby on his head no more, hear?

July 05, 2006 11:13 AM  
Blogger Lex Lata opined...

Well that explains why our families have so much in common, Merlene. You and I are clearly related.

Pass the box wine and Cheetos, please.

July 05, 2006 11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Kissin' cousins, ain't we, Pat? Here, let me git you another paper plate. That one done soaked right thru.

July 05, 2006 11:20 AM  
Blogger Display Name opined...

Now, are you a Hogswaller on your mother's side or your father...oh right, both. Now I remember...

July 05, 2006 11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

You got it right there, Angela. Us Hogswaller's never were ones fer mixin'. Why, Buck and me be 2nd cousins. Shoot.

July 05, 2006 2:50 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

This is so fantastic.

Just fantastic.

Oh my God.

July 05, 2006 3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Well, Mr. Iwanski, I'll tell you what, you jest come on by any ol' time and me'n Buck'll fix you up with some fine corn dogs and a nice cool beer. How's that sound? And you bring that little lady of yers with you. (You tell her the corn dogs is all 100% natural kosher beef dogs so's she don't get too upset about it).

July 05, 2006 4:38 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

LOl funny stuff!

What does it mean if I actually know people who are like this?

I can't be guilty by association can I...

July 05, 2006 6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Well, now, Mr. Grish, don't you worry 'bout no guilt by assoseeashun with us folks. We don't hold by that, no Sir. We figgers to live and let live, no matter what kind a folk ye're.

July 05, 2006 6:46 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Lmao

July 06, 2006 3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home