Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sunday Afternoon

Heard some cool stuff on NPR this morning:

On the drive into church, right before the puzzle with Will Shortz, there was an interview with a guy who's written a book about what he calls "punk shui". Personally, I enjoy a little less anarchy in my environment but he made an interesting point that having the unexpected or inconvenient in your environment enhances your creativity. No doubt. I'm not going to start leaving ottomans in the way just to see what happens (although I'd think it would at least evoke some very creative language) but you gotta admire those who think outside of the box.

Then on the way home I heard a woman named Lynne Truss talking about her book Eats, Shoots and Leaves:The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation. She was charming and funny and has a thing for the colon. Punctuation doesn't sound like a gripping topic but if she writes anything like she speaks then I won't be sorry that I put it on my library list. Which I just did.




The ever lovely and vivacious jp taught me some more html code today. Dig the groovy line above. And also the addition of my email address. I may live to regret doing this but a) I figure the NSA already knows where I am and 2) I couldn't possibly get more spam than currently flows to my inbox so what the hey. What's the worst that could happen? I have to take it out? So feel free to email me. Provided you have nice things to say.





It's going to be a quiet afternoon. The Child is at the movies with a friend and I have "Age of Empires III" to fiddle with. As always happens with new generations of games I get annoyed with all the stuff they changed from earlier versions but it seems to be pretty cool. So far. I do hate the learning curve, though. But I'll play until The Neighbor comes home from fetching the souvenier she got me in BC last week (which has been at someone else's house since she returned). Me likey the prezzies.

And I might make some ice cream.

Shabbat Shalom.

6 Comments:

Blogger Grish opined...

I got the wife Age of Empires III a couple weeks ago. She seems to like it alright but she never played Age of Empires II so that helps.

July 02, 2006 7:18 PM  
Blogger Amy opined...

Ah, sounds like a lovely Sunday - and do tell... how did the ice cream turn out? What flava'?

July 02, 2006 7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

That is some seriously lovely and vivacious new code you have there, ma'am.

But why am I telling you this here? I think I'll just send you an email by clicking on that pretty new link over there...

July 02, 2006 9:13 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Charlie, Twas.

Grish, That's what you guys do, isn't it? Try and hook us into AoE and Sims so we won't bitch about your online war games.

Amy, Never got around to the 'scream but I will tomorrow. It will be vanilla, with proper vanilla beans and all that. But it won't stay hard in your freezer. Sorry.

jp, Smooch.

July 02, 2006 10:20 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Grish, That's what you guys do, isn't it? Try and hook us into AoE and Sims so we won't bitch about your online war games.

That's exactly what I do. I can't speak for the rest of my gender though...:)

July 03, 2006 3:02 AM  
Blogger Lex Lata opined...

Please compare and contrast Age of Mythology with Age of Empires III. Use no more than two pages of your bluebook. 25 points.

July 03, 2006 4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home