Sunday, June 04, 2006

Perfection

I, myself, don't strive so much for perfection. Quite a trap. There's a Russian proverb that says "Perfectionism is the enemy of good enough". This doesn't mean I don't have standards because I do. I'm just not going to beat myself up all the time because I'm not perfect.

I do, however, believe that perfection can be found in the world, in very simple places. It's a subjective concept but I don't expect a lot of argument about the perfection of this:





A perfect rose from my garden.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine opined...

Well, sure, Charlie, I expected YOU to argue....

June 04, 2006 2:08 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Awfully nice rose.

June 04, 2006 4:20 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Perfect form..Excellent color...I give it a 10!

June 04, 2006 6:47 PM  
Blogger Hapamama opined...

Beautiful! Thank you for not striving for perfection, it helps make the universe a better place.

June 04, 2006 8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I quote from Donald Keene's essay "Japanese Aesthetics":

"Perfection, like some inviolable sphere, repels the imagination, allowing it no room to penetrate."

By the way, that kinda looks apricoty like "Just Joey" so maybe it smells good too. Of course we princes of the church usually favor something in a lurid scarlet, like my favorite hybrid tea "Hellzapoppin" developed by my, er, nephew.

June 04, 2006 8:44 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Cardinal...good eye. It is "Just Joey". It is, in fact, the "Just Joey" that you and Himself gave us. Jazz hands!

Grish & Sling...if only blogs had smell-o-something. 'K, maybe not. Some might use the technology for evil. But it smells like I think heaven must smell.

hapamama: I do what I can.

June 04, 2006 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home