Friday, June 02, 2006

Baseball


I get Postgame Alerts from the Mariners. This is because I find it fundamentally unbearable to watch them this season but I need to know.

Tonight's alert: Ms 4, Kansas City 0

This was cool for 1 second. Then I looked at KC's record. They are farking 13 and 39. THIRTEEN wins. So basically, if we can't beat this bush league squad we suck even worse than we already suck. Because at least we are 24 and 32.

One of these days I'm going to tell you about what it was like during the 2001 season and why to this day I blame Al-Queda for our not going to the World Series. For now, all I can say is that a "transition year" isn't supposed to last for 4 seasons.

9 Comments:

Blogger Iwanski opined...

I'm a Cubs fan. I offer you my solidarity.

June 03, 2006 7:40 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Thank you, my brother.

June 03, 2006 7:49 AM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Those damn Al-Queda ruin everything! :P

June 03, 2006 10:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Hey, I've been a Mariner fan since 1977. I can remember being in the Kingdome with 3,000 other fans, with Bill the Beer Man leading us in a chant "We Want 5th Place" while we were playing the Chicago White Sox.

The year I left Seattle, 1995, was the first year they went to the playoffs. I've been afraid to go back to Seattle ever since, lest I jinx the team.

June 03, 2006 2:16 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Grish, For real.

S&C, I'm thinking you need to come back to Seattle because we couldn't be any more jinxed than we already are.

(Ah, 1995...the wild card, almost making it, little Joey Cora crying in the dugout...good times).

June 03, 2006 3:38 PM  
Blogger Lex Lata opined...

Go Brewers!

Seriously, Brewers, go! Far, far away! Get out of here!

June 03, 2006 5:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Brewers! If my mother were still alive, she'd be rolling in her grave.

Or something like that.

My mother was a Pilots fan in the late 60's for their one season in Seattle (Sicks Stadium -- they shoulda known it wouldn't last). She was heartbroken when they left for Milwaukee.

June 03, 2006 5:58 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Ah, Sicks stadium...now the site of Satan's Hardware store, wherein there is a kiosk full of old baseball memorabilia, which was concession Lowe's made to the city in turn for being granted the right to build their big box store on the historic site. Progress.

June 03, 2006 7:02 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Oh, and may I just add, thanks to all of you for not being Yankees fans or, in the alternative, being wise enough to keep your yap shut if you are.

June 03, 2006 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home