Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Life Lessons

I've had a headache all day plus for some inexplicable reason our power was out for a few hours and Blogger was appearing before the Senate Judiciary Committe so posting wasn't an option. Which is fine. As I mentioned, I've had a headache.

Now that things are up and running again I wish to share something from my experience so that your life might be made just a little easier. I know that we all have to live and learn but certainly we can, if we are wise, learn from the mistakes of others. It isn't really necessary that we all stick our finger in a light socket while standing in a pool of water to accept that such behavior is detrimental. One electrocution should be enough. In that spirit please know that you should never, under any circumstances, buy cottage cheese with "no salt added". It tastes like crap.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Lex Lata opined...

On the other hand, salt with "no cottage cheese added" has myriad uses. Although, eaten by itself, it also tastes like crap.

June 07, 2006 5:59 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

salt or no salt,cottage cheese is one of those "How do you know when it's gone bad?" kinda things..

June 07, 2006 7:20 PM  
Blogger Display Name opined...

Noted, filed and thoroughly seasoned. Oh and I'm pregnant. Just passing the word around. Tah!

June 07, 2006 9:12 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Don't buy it to often but if I do, I'll make sure to get it with salt for sure!

June 07, 2006 11:12 PM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

Lorraine, thank you so much for this word of advise. If more people passed on things like this, it'd be a better world, really. On that note, my friend, do not EVER put Silk Soymilk Coffee Creamer anywhere near coffee or anything needing creamer. It makes your Starbuck's taste like latex gloves.

June 07, 2006 11:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

you crack me up daily.

June 08, 2006 6:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Anything that comes already curdled is something I think we should all avoid.

You are indeed a wise woman.

June 08, 2006 7:02 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Pat, As always your wisdom takes my breath away.

Sling & S& C: I see you both have curd issues. That's ok. Love you anyway.

JAJJ: New mommies need lots of calcium. (still giggling at thought of little Lemon Drop. Please. I beg of you. Don't name it that).

Grish: You'll thank me.

Jon: There you go. Making the world a better place one food tip at a time. Thanks for the heads up.

Greeny: Welcome and thanks! I try.

June 08, 2006 7:09 AM  
Blogger Bad Alice opined...

Sling: Cottage cheese was born bad.

I've tried to dress it up with pineapple and jam and such, but it still tastes weird. And salty, for that matter, although I think salt is the only thing it has going for it.

June 08, 2006 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home