Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Love/Hate


Love: Seeing Sen. Arlen Specter (R-PA) talking on CSPAN about the stupidity of the proposed Federal Marriage Amendment. He didn't actually say "stupid" but you could tell he was thinking it.

Hate: Walking up in the middle of the night and not being able to get back to sleep for worrying about all sorts of details related to the end-of-the-year school picnic; none of which I can do a lick about at 3am anyway.

Hate: Getting up at 5:30 to go work-out, especially having only just fallen back to sleep.

LOVE: That first cup of coffee when I get back. You know those Folgers ads where a man or woman sniffs their coffee cup and then close their eyes in bliss? That's me. Only it's better coffee.

Love: It's a sunny day. June is typically a very wet month here and until yesterday had been holding true to form. This was good for all the little seeds and tomato plants in my garden. But on a day like today, when I have a lot to do, it's somehow easier to get energized when it's not all mucky and grey.

Hate Love: Ah, that's about it. I could say that I hate that today is going to be really busy and that a lot of the busy-ness isn't exactly stuff I feel passionate about doing. But it's all related to things I have chosen to do (Parent Club at school, helping Maria get re-elected) and I don't hate those choices. Plus busy days make me a) more appreciative of the ones that aren't so much and b) helps me stay focused. The fact is I'll probably feel very smug and accomplished by the end of today, when I sit down with The Neighbor and BBB for a Lemon Drop, both of which are things to look forward to.

Love: Babies. Hapamama and her Monkey Man, good friends from church, are welcoming their second child today. Welcome to the world, June Bug!

7 Comments:

Blogger Eric opined...

Yeah say what you will about the conservatives in this country, It is still nice to see that the madness has not completely taken over and thought and discourse still has a place in the legeslature

June 06, 2006 8:33 AM  
Blogger Nicole opined...

Lorraine - you cannot imagine how much I admire you for going to workout at 5:30 am.

June 06, 2006 8:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

There is absolutely nothing in the world better than the smell of coffee in the morning. Especially when it's better coffee than Folgers. But Folgers will do...

June 06, 2006 1:44 PM  
Blogger Lex Lata opined...

Oooh. Early morning workouts--those require a special kind of masochism.

Hate: Seeing that Ann Coulter made it onto Today to plug her new book.

Love: Knowing that Superman Returns opens later this month.

June 06, 2006 2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

5:30 am? Hey, could you work out for me while you're up? Because there is no way I'll ever be up at that hour to do it myself. Thanks in advance.

June 06, 2006 9:44 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

jp: 2 reps tomorrow morning with your name on them. Abs or thighs?

June 06, 2006 9:56 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Hate ~ When Blogger acts up.

Love ~ When it works.

June 07, 2006 4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home