Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Bit of a Worrier


I was a very nervous child. Like the nervous child in "Annie Hall" trying to eat tomato soup under the roller coaster nervous. I have, over the years, begun to learn to master my fears and subject them to my all-powerful....well, no. But I try not to worry. Or at least, I try to worry about things that deserve worrying over. Like the US nuking Iran. You know, stuff I can't control.

That said, one of the things I worry about is that my blog link list will get too long. I don't rightly know how many blogs are out there but even after you subtract all the stupid ones that are just sales pitches, the other stupid ones that are badly written and after you discount all the ones you know you have no interest in reading (anyone who loves Rush, anyone who loves the apocolypse, anyone who loves other people's lovers) you are still left with quite a handful of blogs.

Every time I find a blog I like I am so happy. Then I get annoyed because I barely have time to keep up with the ones I already must read. Not to mention the ones I have to check back on because the author answers comments. And I am almost ridiculously relieved when I go through my list and find that someone hasn't posted recently. One less thing to read today.

But doggone it. Now my dear friend Nicole has started a blog and I bloody well have to link to her because I love her like crazy and because she elected to live in France. Which makes me jealous. You know how I love the French. Nicole will, I hope, tell her story as her blog rolls forward but the bottom line is she met a Frenchman and married him in the most delightful 3 day wedding blitz I've experienced outside of my own 3 day wedding blitz. Now she's got 2 adorable children named for archangels and she has started a blog. So go say 'hi'.

Merci.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine opined...

I am sorry. Truely. I don't want you to be angry with me. Maybe we'll get lucky. Perhaps she'll rarely post and when she does it will be drivel and we won't feel the least compelled to keep reading her.

Or maybe we'll just have to start getting up earlier in the ack emma.

(but isn't she just tres adorable?)

April 13, 2006 7:02 AM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Oh how I know what you mean about not having enough time, I so wish I could back the 10 or so hours I work a day. If I could get that back, I'd be just peachy.... I'll check out your friends blog shortly:)

April 13, 2006 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home