Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A Handful of Observations

An Orthodox neighbor just came by with some chometz. I always forget about this little neighborhood ritual until the first knock on the door. As it is almost Passover, my Jewish neighbors are cleaning their homes of all leavened products. As some of the token goyim on the block, we are often recipients of these offerings. (And they are always offered with grace and respect). It's usually bread or chips. To The Spouse's eventual delight, Benjamina came by with beer.

It is also possible, apparently, to sell your chometz on ebay. For charity, of course.


The Seattle Times this morning reports that, according to the Census Bureau, Seattle is the best educated city in America. Over half of us have at least one college degree. This provides bragging rights to our mayor, when he convenes with all his other, dumber counterparts. It does not have any significant effect on decision making in this town. All this here eddication just makes us talk and talk and talk about things. Then we commission studies, hire consultants and test focus groups. Then we talk some more. Which is why we still have an aging Viaduct running through the heart of downtown.



Fresh "Gilmore girls" tonight. You know how happy that makes me.





5 Comments:

Blogger Eric opined...

MMMMM Beer

April 11, 2006 10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

MMMMM Gilmore Girls......

Okay, that just sounded bad.

April 11, 2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger Display Name opined...

Passover adapted Gilmore Girls dialog:
Lorelai:
"I'm gonna go make out in the coatroom - don't eat my free leavened products"

April 11, 2006 7:02 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Don't tell anybody, but I like Gilmore Girls too. (I've only seen it a few times, but I really, really liked it.)

Let's keep that our little secret.

I think Lauren Graham (I think that's her name) has an amazing ability to deliver a funny line. She is a fantastic comedic actress.

April 11, 2006 8:05 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Iwanski,

I swear, I will not tell. It's our secret. And yes, her name is Lauren Graham and she is a comedic goddess.

April 11, 2006 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home