Sunday, April 09, 2006

Happy Anniversary

You might recall that there was some concern a year ago about the challenges facing the British Poet Laureate as he tried to write a poem commemorating the marriage of Prince Charles to Camilla. I myself found it not at all difficult to compose a modest tribute. Had I a blog at the time I would have been able to share it with you. As it is, I offer it now, in celebration of their first anniversary.




On the Occasion of the Marriage
of
HRH Charles, Prince of Wales
to
Mrs. Camilla Parker-Bowles
There were two divorcees from Britian
Who called each other Spanky and Kitten.
She looked like a horse.
He loved her, of course,
for with equine love he was smitten.


Happy 1st Anniversary, you crazy kids!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

That was brilliant. Although her taste in men should be mocked to the same extent as his in women. Take away the whole "prince" thing and he's really not that much of a catch.

April 09, 2006 9:39 PM  
Blogger Nicole opined...

a goose leaves her prints at the corners of my eyes every night while I'm sleeping. Ok, at home it would be a crow but I really wanted to use the word of the day...

April 10, 2006 9:39 AM  
Blogger Viola opined...

I blame too much inbreeding among aristocrats -- it increases ugliness and decreases IQ.

I suspect that the only reason the Queen has held on as long as she has is because she doesn't trust her idiot son to be King.

April 11, 2006 9:35 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Viola, Yes...I'm sure you're right. But then I think of Wills and sigh....

April 11, 2006 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home