Saturday, February 18, 2006

Can't Help Lovin' that Geek of Mine



There's a problem with telling people about your blog: some of them read it. This poses a moral dilemma. If, for example, someone did something really stupid (but tres amusing) at a party, would it be wise to blog about it? I'm thinking not, unless I had them sign a release. But after a while, people might stop hanging out with me for fear of an unsightly mention. (They don't mind if I'm saying nice things about them, of course. And the truth is, I don't really have the sort of friends who do stupid things at parties. They are all far too intelligent, sophisticated and glamorous for that sort of thing. Aren't you?) But you see the problem.

And of course, I think about what will happen when The Child figures out that she's fodder for my blog. That'll really give her something to slam her door about.

So I am in some quandry about what I'm about to do. But I can't resist. I tried, for about 3 seconds, but I can't.

The Spouse is currently in his office, making a movie of the war game he plays. No, he's not recording the game to look over later. He is actually making a war movie with some of his imaginary war buddies. He's giving them direction. He's saying "action" and "cut". He's telling them that "the shot was a little wide but it was sweet". I bet these other guys feel like they're working with Ron Howard.

He's been playing this WWII game on-line for quite a while now. He plays at a particular server with a particular group (the 28th Infantry) and they recently invited/recruited/inducted him to be a regular member. Some of the guys are actually in the military. One is in Iraq. The Spouse prays for him every night. (Oh, man, he is so going to kill me when he reads this). Anyway, he has been assigned to the 28th MoPic unit. The commander figures it would be fun to make a promotional film for the unit, develop training films and that sort of thing. On-line gaming AND movie making. I don't think The Spouse has ever been happier.

I think I'm going to go play The Sims for a while. Not the same thing, exactly, but it lets me decorate without actually moving my own furniture. The Spouse will like that.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lex Lata opined...

Now I envision an epic collaboration--a remake of American Beauty using The Sims. You just need a rose petal mod.

February 18, 2006 3:06 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

The only person I've told about my Blog is my wife.Hehe

Is it Call of Duty 2 that hes playing ? :) Grish

February 19, 2006 5:38 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

While The Spouse has played Call of Duty, the game in question is Day of Defeat. Which sounds super perky, doesn't it?

February 19, 2006 8:36 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

I've not played that one. I have played COD 1 and 2 though. Atm My wife and I are playing World of Warcraft for the second time around. It's a different beast all together. I just get burnt out after a while and need a change. -:) Grish

February 20, 2006 6:00 PM  
Blogger The Piper's Wife opined...

If you're going to be married to someone who writes (blogs) or just likes to talk and tell stories you are going to find that you are the subject from time to time. So,dish.

February 21, 2006 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home