Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Breaking News


This just in...after only 209 posts I've finally been flamed by an anonymous person who didn't like my letter to the Vice President. This individual also apparently doesn't like Democrats. There are, of course, plenty of people who don't like Democrats, including most Democrats, but usually I know their names. Still, I think I'd rather get slammed by an anonymous person than someone I know because I'm really very tender-hearted. Unless Anonymous is someone I know. But I doubt it. Most of the Republicans I know still blame Bill Clinton for everything and Anonymous didn't actually go there. I was, however, accused of not appreciating the job his/her party is doing to protect me and mine from terrorist attacks. Which is so not true because I totally appreciate it. And did I mention that I know all the words to the "Star Spangled Banner"?

Anyway, I responded to the anonymous poster. I don't know why. I suspect that he/she will never come by my neck of Blogtopia again. Why bother when you've got Ann Coulter, who is so much blonder and meaner than I am? I probably just responded because it's my bloody blog. Which, unless it gets majorly out of control, is open to all comers, including those who don't happen to agree with me.

I'm sure this would come as a surprise to Anonymous but I happen to believe that there is at least a smidgen of good in everyone (well, nearly everyone) and that we can all learn something from each other if we are willing to keep an open mind. I have decided to stop making wisecracks about the vice president and his bad week-end due to the heartfelt sentiments posted by Anonymous. Well, that and because it really is just too easy and the kids over at The Daily Show did it so much better. But still.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lex Lata opined...

Wow. An honest-to-goodness petty flaming post from an anonymous poltroon (who happened to misspell "relevance"). I am so jealous.

You're in the big leagues, now.

February 14, 2006 3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Republicans read blogs? And they still vote that way? Who knew?

Replying to them is fun though.

In fact, I'll go see if any of them have blogs of their own so I can post some anonymous comments. And check their spelling.

February 14, 2006 3:55 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

The Daily Show did do a good job. I watch it often. I myself try to keep away from politics most of the time.However, Thank goodness that Democracy allows critism, of its leaders. You know just in case Jon Stewart needed a hand.:) Grish

February 14, 2006 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home