Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Chocolate Hearts


Unlike most of the people of my acquaintence, I am not a chocoholic. I'm more of a hard candy/caramel kinda gal. Given the choice between a bar of any sort of chocolate and a bag of Trader Joe's caramel corn, I'll take the latter every time.

That said, I just ate a Dove chocolate heart that The Child gave me yesterday. It was delicious.

The Child announced yesterday that she was a chocoholic. I had taken away a box of chocolates she had received for Valentine's Day, as she had already ingested 412 pounds of sugar. She had stolen it back for the third time. Admitting you have a problem is the first step toward overcoming it.

In other news, she also came home with a very pretty heart shaped box made of red glass, a gift from Matthew. (This is the boy The Spouse supports for the job of First Boyfriend. Because he thinks he's gay). The Child was very cool about it all, although when pressed she does get a little giggly. She doesn't use the B word. She refers to him as a crush. But he has admitted a mutual crush on her, to her, which technically puts this in a different sphere. Except that we're not making a big deal about it because, frankly, her nonchalance works just fine for us. No sense in having her get all giddy any sooner than need be.

Hey, Pat. The whole toddler with conjunctivitus thing? It's easier.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger The Piper's Wife opined...

All I can say is Oy...a boy! She is growing up. When was this put up for a vote. I agee, bring on the conjuntivitus :-)

February 15, 2006 8:20 PM  
Blogger Lex Lata opined...

Sigh. We really miss Trader Joe's . . .

And my plan is to forestall the romance issues by implementing an experimental, unethical, FDA-prohibited nerd indoctrination regimen. I figure after a few solid years of Star Wars trivia contests, comic book conventions, and Farscape DVD marathons, my sons won't even be able to talk to girls until they're old enough to keep my wife and me in blissful ignorance of their personal lives (college, dare I hope?).

February 15, 2006 8:46 PM  
Blogger Bad Alice opined...

"(This is the boy The Spouse supports for the job of First Boyfriend. Because he thinks he's gay)"

Hey, my first boyfriend was gay. My mom loved him. I bet this is a popular parental strategy.

February 16, 2006 5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home