Monday, January 09, 2006

Couldn't Resist


I wasn't going to say a word about Samuel Alito's confirmation hearing, which begins today. But on NPR this a.m. they were doing some analysis, as is their wont, and I heard the comment that "Judge Alito has been less forthcoming that Judge Roberts was" during his pre-hearing meetings with Senators. Less forthcoming than John "Watch me obfuscate" Roberts? How, I wonder, is that possible? Did he mime being trapped in a box? And if so, is he available for parties?

Also, there was a news item about a man in New Mexico who found a mouse in his house. He threw the little beggar on a pile of burning leaves in his yard. The "blazing creature", as the AP had it, ran back into the house and caught the damn joint on fire. Burned to the ground. Next time, I would recommend glue traps.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I read that mouse story this morning, and loved it. Wonder how many other mice were in the house and got killed by their own brethren.

January 09, 2006 10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Loved the mime art - so appropriate

January 09, 2006 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home