Sunday, January 01, 2006

Watch Where You Put that Thing


We're getting a late start on Non Sans Jammie Redux as the first Sunday of the month is when The Spouse drives a van of senior ladies to church. But flexibility is my middle name, baby. We went to church and as soon as he gets home we'll revert to jammies and resume the Star Wars marathon we started last night. It had been a while since I'd seen Episodes 1 & 2 and I have some observations:

1) I still don't know what the hell George Lucas was thinking when he created Jar Jar Binks. That is NOT a character that grows on you.

2) I really liked Natalie Portman in "Garden State".

3) When Ewan McGregor was weeping over the dead body of Liam Neeson I started to softly sing "Come What May" because he was holding Liam just like he held a dying Nicole Kidman in "Moulin Rouge". The Spouse laughed.

4) Barefoot Bubbly is really a little too sweet for my taste. Should have sprung for the Veuve Clicquot after all. Which might be my first regret of '06. And if that's my biggest mistake in the new year I'll be doing pretty well.

Go have some coffee. You look like you could use it. Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home