Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Things to Do Today



I did my volunteering at Cantwell's office yesterday so today is going to be like my Monday would have been if I'd been home. Here's what I have to do:

1) Generally dust, spritz and sweep around the house

2) Iron

3) Do a load of laundry including the pair of school pants in the trunk which I was carrying around because I thought they belonged to another child only it turns out they don't.

4) Try to find a recipe for green beans that isn't boring

5) Clean the Viking (reference to the stove, not The Spouse)

6) Vote.

No on 330, yes on 336, yes on the smoking ban, no on the monorail, no on repealing the gas tax. I'm voting for one City Council incumbent (Conlin) and for all the rest of the challengers, including the dude running against the mayor. Oh, and I'm voting Green for the first time ever, for King County Executive. I'm not happy with the incumbent, can't vote for the Republican (because he has a domestic violence record, not because he's GOP. I voted GOP for state attorney general last year. And so far I haven't regretted it). The Green candidate seems like a really level-headed, prudent guy and what the heck because I'm pretty sure Sims will be re-elected. People are dissatisfied but what they say at a dinner party and what they do in the privacy of the voting booth are not always the same thing).

7) Call Smith Barney. This makes me nervous because I've never done it before but I need to sell some shares. "Buy, sell! Buy! Bye!" (No, I didn't get inside info from Bill Frist...we just need to be a little more liquid).

8) Take Mr. Puppers for a walk inbetween rain showers.

9) Work on my essay for Payson.

10) Work on my book.

11) Drink some more coffee. (Move that item to number one).

12) Make a list of stuff to do for the karaoke event at school Saturday, based on the very real dream I had last night.

And I must accomplish all this by 2:45 when I have to leave to pick up The Child. We are instituting a new homework policy tonight. She was up until 11 last night working on stuff and she still didn't get it all done. (Although she was able to finish it this morning over pancakes). Now, in her defense, it isn't that she had all afternoon to work and just diddled around. She had volleyball practise. But it is also clear that we need to be much more structured about the homework sessions because the later it gets, the harder it is for her to be focused (which makes total sense but who needs the aggrevation, I ask you?)

And my reward for accomplishing all this is a fresh "Gilmore girls" tonight. Yeah.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Non-boring recipe for Spanish-style green beans:

1 lb. green beans, shocked and cooled
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. bacon drippings
S&P to taste

Saute over med-high heat and you've got yourself a fine plate of yum.

From your favorite BBB Maaaaatinez

November 08, 2005 10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

There is uncured bacon in the freezer.

November 08, 2005 11:31 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

An uncured bacon stash in the freezer? And have you also been getting into the brown liquor and handguns when Mama isn't looking?

November 08, 2005 11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Oooh, clean the Viking, probably number 5 on my all time favorite things to do :) In fact I was so inspired by the sight of your's Sat night that I cleaned mine (ours) the next day. A couple of hours easy-off fumes, grunting, cursing, and voila! All ready for Dawn to dirty up again :)

November 08, 2005 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home