Saturday, November 05, 2005

Bistro Dinner


For the last couple of years we have donated a "Bistro Dinner for Six" to a school auction. Except that I rig it so that the same people buy it and they are 10, not 6. But they buy the wine and we make the food and unlike some similar event where we'd be lackeys preparing and serving, we are at table with them.


I had a Pottery Barn gift card (fab hostess gift from ChouChou) so I decided to spend it yesterday. I love housewares. I particularly love buying dishes. If I were filthy rich I would spend inordinate sums of money on tableware. As it is, I have a pretty good stock, enough to serve at least 30. But one can always use more. So I'm poking around the sales shelves at PB and I found these super fantastic napkin rings. They are white porcelain, square and numbered 1-12. So totally cute and, I think, rather bistro-like.

It's going to be a busy day of chopping, baking, blending, moussing and table setting. We're serving 7 courses, after all. So I'd better get to it, eh? Allez cuisine!

1 Comments:

Blogger Molly opined...

hahahahaha.... I like porcelain. And food... and parties... Have a lovely time!!!!

November 05, 2005 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home