Tuesday, January 11, 2011

SNOWPOCOLYPSE 2011!

It happens every time...

Some meteorologist sees snow a'comin' and the word hurtles through all channels. "SNOW IN THE FORECAST! How will it affect your commute?"

And we all know better. That snow is going to gently waft over the bunny slope on Mt. Rainier and then it'll rain in the lowlands after the run on generators and toilet paper at the local Walmart.

Except, of course, when it actually does snow. And in these parts, as little as 3 inches of snow can shut down the city. Last time it snowed (in November), I was caught about 5 miles from home and it took me 3 hours to return to the domicile...and that after abandoning my car half a mile from home because I couldn't get up the second to the last hill.

So when it was reported this morning that up to 3 inches was expected in the late afternoon and that it was advised that people leave work early if at all possible (so's to prevent the cluster that was the evening commute on aforementioned November evening), all I could think was how buggered I would be if it really did snow because The Child had rehearsal and needed picking up at 5 pm.

My choices were these:

If the snow came as predicted, risk life & limb to fetch her and spend 6 hours (or more) stuck in traffic with a sullen teenager

-or-

Tell her to come home after school, on the school bus, and miss rehearsal thereby assuring an evening at home with a sullen teenager.

I chose the latter.

It started snowing about an hour ago. And the anticipation of a potential snow day has erased, at least for now, all her anger at my over-caution preventing her from pursuing her chosen career.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Grish opined...

I Feel your pain. I nearly forced my kids to join some after school thing and now everytime I have to pull back on the reigns a little I feel like an explanation is in order. :)

January 12, 2011 12:22 AM  
Blogger Mom opined...

Snow is only beautiful if you are home looking out the window.

January 12, 2011 5:24 AM  
Blogger Bad Alice opined...

This is day 3 of no work, no school and strange sleep patterns. I may go out and chew snow. From rumors I've heard, there won't be any school this week. Don't know about work, but I may have to skate in.

January 12, 2011 9:47 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

we got snow too, two-hour delay this morning.

January 12, 2011 10:05 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

I cannot imagine trying to drive on those hilly streets in Seattle when it's icy. We have no hills in Chicago. At all.

January 13, 2011 10:24 AM  
Blogger Molly Alyssum opined...

YOU ARE A GOOD MOM.

January 13, 2011 5:58 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

You really are not the worst mother in the world, and you know it! :)

January 22, 2011 9:08 PM  
Blogger Lakshya Dhillon opined...

happy new year 2017 wallpapers
new year 2017 sms
Happy New year Quotes 2017
Merry Christmas Facebook Status
Top 50 SMS for New Year 2017
Happy Lori 2017
Happy Holi Images
Cards and Greetings
new year wishes
MysteryTips.CoM
Watch Live
Valentines Day 2017 Ideas and Saying
CBSE Results
Happy New Year 2017 Images
www.besthappynewyear.com

January 18, 2016 2:12 AM  
Blogger MajorBrown opined...

RRB Admit Card
RRB Answer Key
RRB Group D Admit Card
RRB ALP Admit Card

April 09, 2018 11:42 PM  
Blogger IP CUBE opined...

Best way to download fildo on free

December 23, 2018 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home