Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Who You Callin' a Surrender Monkey?

Per our conversation the other day about haters on Facebook? 'K, so I was just reading through all the feeds for the day on my Facebook page. And I noticed something very interesting. A lot of my friends posted stuff about it being Veterans Day, most of 'em in fact.

Some didn't and that's cool. But interestingly, among those who didn't post a word about Veterans Day was every one of the Barack-Obama-is-Satan-liberals-are-driving-us-to-rack-and-ruin-and-not-only-do-I-think-George-W-Bush-was-the-best-president-ever-but-I've-totally-forgotten-that-it-was-the-Republicans-that-started-two-wars-squandered-a-surplus-and-drove-up-the-deficit Republicans.

Every. damn. one. of. them.

WTF?

I'm not beginning to suggest that ones patriotism is measured by whether or not he or she posts something about Veterans Day on Facebook. Let's be clear about that. But there is just something damned ironic (don'tcha think) about people who pop off at will questioning MY patriotism who can't spare 2 seconds to thank those who made it possible for them to freely come back at me with a "why do you hate America" every time their status quo gets rattled.

Man, if it weren't for the fact that there's an authentic deep dish Chicago pizza about to come out of my oven right now, I'd be plenty bent.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Sling opined...

The Partner chided me the other day,..'Obama broke his promise that unemployment wouldn't get above 8%!'..
'Yeah,I suppose he did,but then he didn't invade an entire country on the pretext of them having WMD's.
So,I guess we're..even?'

November 11, 2009 11:08 PM  
Blogger Mom opined...

Being president of this country is no easy job. He is doing very well in my humble opinion.

November 12, 2009 5:34 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

HEY! hey hey hey! Watch it Woman. I take exception to that. I didn't post about V-day and I'm not part of that group with the really long name you mentioned.

I didn't post at all yesterday because I usually post from work, but I had off yesterday because it was V-day.

November 12, 2009 6:04 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Sling, right. Never mind that Obama is 100% responsible for the fact that the entire world economy almost collapsed. Oh. Wait. He's not.

Mom, right? I wouldn't take that job if it came with a house rent free for 4 years and a security detail. Oh. Wait...

Anne, darling, Anne. Read it again. I am not by any means suggesting that you or any of my other non-hating friends who didn't post about Veterans Day have anything of which to be ashamed. I merely am pointing out that ALL of the people who routinely criticize the President and call into question the patriotism of people such as myself couldn't be bothered. That's all I'm sayin'.

November 12, 2009 7:36 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

ok, thanks

November 12, 2009 7:44 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Don't mention it.

November 12, 2009 6:45 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Indeed! Hear hear Rainey.

And I'd like Sling's partner to provide me with a quote where Obama "promised" such a thing.

November 12, 2009 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home