Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sticky

I began yesterday with a plan. A good plan. A plan that listed all my most pressing to dos, neatly prioritized and assigned approximate time frames for accomplishment. I so enjoy those sorts of plans, prettily drawn on a nice, crisp sheet of paper, happy calligraphic little notes just waiting to be crossed off with a firm and triumphant stroke. Yep. That was how it was going to be.

And then every single bloody thing that I did ended up taking 3 and sometimes 4 times longer than it should have. And not for any good reason. It wasn't like the phone was ringing off the hook or that people kept coming to the door or that The Child frantically needed me to drop everything and attend to something pressing. Nope. Nothing like that at all. But somehow all my efforts were swimming in molasses and only about 1/3 of what I hoped to accomplish was even addressed, let alone completed.

Will today be syrupy? (Syrup-like? Syrupticious?)

Anyone else think "syrup" is a very funny looking word? Oh, but it is delicious...provided it is on your pancakes and not the tenor of your day.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Eric opined...

And things that go THUMP in the night.

Ow I hurt and am going to see the doctor.

August 12, 2008 10:06 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Poor baby. Call me after you get checked. And then I'll blog all about it.

August 12, 2008 10:17 AM  
Blogger TWISI opined...

Chores can wait, there are more important things to occupy your day... like blogging!

Syrup... yes, funny
Molasses.... FUNNY!

August 12, 2008 10:32 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

Syrup. Funny.

Treacle. Very funny.

Treacley. Sexy!

August 12, 2008 11:51 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Syrup is a funny word. I love syrup on my bacon.

August 12, 2008 12:58 PM  
Blogger LostInColor opined...

I hate being sticky, mmmMMm pancakes. Asteroids is funny.

August 12, 2008 1:38 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Oh, Twisi, if only the chores would do themselves...molasses is funny. What do you get when girls come over from the neighboring village for your Ceilidh? Mo'lasses.

I crack myself up.

Buck, I sometimes wonder at the way your mind works.

Ooh, me too, Sage! And it's mighty tasty on breakfast links, too. Mmmmm....

Oh, Lost, me TOO! And I hate things that are sticky. Trust, the toddler years were sheer, unmitigated torture.

August 12, 2008 4:53 PM  
Blogger Willym opined...

If that joke indicates the level of your day.... 'nuff said!

I now have a new way to discribe one of "those days" - syrupy.

August 12, 2008 11:58 PM  
Blogger Molly Alyssum opined...

I personally find 'label' to be an odd word. And knife.

August 13, 2008 8:44 AM  
Blogger Doralong opined...

You have mt sympathy, I've had a syrupy couple of months personally.

August 13, 2008 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home