Monday, August 04, 2008

The Problem, She May be Solved

This morning The Spouse sent me an email titled "An explanation". As is my wont, at first I assumed he was either informing me of something disasterous he'd done but hadn't been able to correct as he was in a hurry to get to work OR that I had done something that had made him channel Ricky Ricardo. Then I opened the email and he'd sent me this link. So there is an explanation for the whicky whack of this weekend, which seems to be continuing into today because, ironically, I got the "Internet Explorer cannot open blah blah" message when I went to The Consumerist. Crazy.

Anyway, I was able to read this much of the page and if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go try it right now.

Here is the fix for users of IE 6 and 7 who are getting the "operation aborted" message.

Follow These Steps Exactly:

Open Internet Explorer.

Click on the menu Tools -> Internet Options.

Click on the tab Security.

Click on the icon Restricted Sites.

Click on the button Sites.

Under Add this website to the zone:Type the text ‘ *.sitemeter.com ’ (with asterisk and dot & without the quotes).

Click the Add button. Click Close. Click OK. All sites will work again without error messages coming up.

Right, so I tried it and I'm still getting the error message. But I suppose the fact that someone knows what the problem is means someone is going to fix it. Or in the alternative, we can all change to a new site meter. Or stop caring about how many hits we get. Either way. Who wants some canned peaches?

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Bad Alice opined...

I think I'm glad I use Firefox.

August 04, 2008 9:52 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Yeah, I'm thinking a Mozilla download may be in my future.

August 04, 2008 11:23 AM  
Blogger Willym opined...

Are those the same peaches Sling was putting his fingers into?

And speaking of peaches they are absolutely incredible here. There are 8 different types in the market right now - depends on what you want to use them for. You ask the vendor and they'll give you recipes. Problem is my Italian still isn't very good so I'm not sure but I think with the white ones you scald, peel and pit them and then roll them in your grandmother that you've crushed to a fine consistency. I'm pretty sure that's what he said.

August 04, 2008 1:28 PM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

I just bought the most delicious peaches yesterday. I even thought about blogging about it because YOU NEVER KNOW if the peach is going to be sweet and juicy or pithy and tasteless. You just never know. . .

BTW - I could NEVER live without sitemeter. After all, it's a number that indicates my worth on this planet for crying out loud.

August 04, 2008 1:42 PM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

I was internet free over the weekend, but I read this morning the root cause was some spammers had cracked the blogger spam blocker. It could be a conspiracy.

August 04, 2008 1:46 PM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Oh I got no news on peaches.

August 04, 2008 1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha (Note no W)

Yay. Sounds like the same SNAFU that is running amok in the govt. now. Oh no, just something similiar. Oh well.

Have a nice day.

Peace

:+}

August 04, 2008 2:08 PM  
Blogger Anne opined...

another vote for firefox or netscape!

August 04, 2008 2:19 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Oh, Willym, your translation made me spit peach bellini out my nose!

Buck, too true that...nothing like a beautiful peach.

Truth is, I hardly ever check my sitemeter anymore. Although I still like looking at the map once in a while. That's fun.

Nah, Sage. I mean, there could be any number of conspiracies but the problem wasn't exclusively with Blogger. For a change.

Internet free all weekend? Were you stranded on a desert island? (shudders)

Anonyba, SNAFU is the appropriate acronym.

Anne, yep. I even tried to download Firefox but it doesn't seem to be anywhere on my computer. Better try that again.

August 04, 2008 2:50 PM  
Blogger Kimberly Ann opined...

Bad Alice is right on - Firefox rocks.

Ah...peaches. Too bad I only have some pears and apples at the moment. Gotta make a peach run I guess.

August 04, 2008 4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I'm not so fond of the peaches.

I'm guessing nobody is surprised by that.

What were we talking about?

August 04, 2008 5:56 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

I'll have some peaches if you put 'em in a pie. *smiles*

August 04, 2008 6:04 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

KA: I haven't really seen any peaches around that seem remotely yummy. You?

JP: I think there's some pickled okra on the back shelf...

MHP: DONE! Oh, the raptures of peach pie. Oops. Just drooled on myself.

August 04, 2008 6:53 PM  
Blogger sfoofie opined...

i realized i haven't commented on yer blog in awhile. i reccommend mozilla and peach punch! ooh! peach punch! snazzy.

August 04, 2008 8:26 PM  
Blogger booda baby opined...

That's pretty cool, that you're part of a ... wait. I guess that's a shitty way to be part of something.

I'm with bad alice. Firefox has liberated me from that piece of shit IE. And I understand there's a really fun version - Firefox 3!!

August 05, 2008 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home