Friday, August 01, 2008

Whicky in the Whacky Woo

This is only a test.

I guess I should explain.

JP called earlier asking if I was having any trouble with the World Wide Webs because, as it turns out, he wasn't able to hit his own site (the superfantastic "All Things Bitter") or either of our music sites. The Spouse and I finished our "Guitar Hero" set and I called him back (ok, and let me be clear...we knew someone had called but the music was too loud to tell who and we ignored it, figuring it was just the United Front for Children of the Environment and a Democratic Majority calling asking for money. Because this is about the time of night they do that sort of thing). Anyway, it was my Poodle so I immediately rushed to my box to see what was up in Bloggerland and sure enough, I couldn't open up his site or the music sites. So I sent out an experimental test post on my own, which seems to have avoided whatever malevolence is scouring the Webs. Sfoofie's down, too. But so too are some other sites that aren't hosted by Blogger so for once we cannot in earnest say that Blogger is a booger.

Anyway, I had JP on speaker phone so that The Spouse could give his take on the situtation. The gist of it was "Blah blah spam blah blah blah dns ports blah http blah blah phishing blah virus blah blah Comcast sucks blah blah blah diddley blah".

Translation: You lost me at "blah".

So I guess there is some sort of somethin' somethin' going on out in the ethers and we're all supposed to go to the root cellar until the storm passes. Fortunately, Grandma laid up a whole mess of canned peaches so we should be good for a few days.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Sling opined...

If this had been an actual emergency,you would have been instructed to turn to 93.1 on your radio dial,and kiss yer ,..HEY!..is that 'The Monkees?'..I love that stuff.

August 01, 2008 7:32 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Oh, Sling, I thought love was only true in fairy tales.

August 01, 2008 7:44 PM  
Blogger Cliff O'Neill opined...

Don't know if this may be of help, but on this other blog I read, kazillion people are reporting to the webmistress that they are unable to open this particular (Blogger) web site with IE.

Seeing as I'm a Mac dude, I couldn't care less, but I am reading that the remedy is to use Firefox instead (at least for now).

Don't know if that's any help, but there it is.

Love ya!

August 01, 2008 7:49 PM  
Blogger Speck opined...

Phew! I'm glad it's not just me. I think it has something to do with firewall settings. Three of my four blogs were OK, but my main blog was in the weeds with this thing.

I deleted Sitemeter from Worms (the only blog with Sitemeter) and now I can view it again. I run Statcounter on all four so that doesn't seem to be a problem.

The firewall must see Sitemeter as some kind of threat.

For those who care I run IE7 on Windows XP and have Norton Antivirus.

I'm guessing Norton did an auto-update and kinked up the works.

August 02, 2008 1:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Ugh, technology is screwy. I'm glad I came around here to find it was a blogosphere problem and not because of something my son did on the computer.
Hi, Lorraine, btw.

August 02, 2008 6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I was able to get back in around 10 this morning without making any changes to anything.

My thanks to The Spouse for talking me in from the balcony.

August 02, 2008 8:58 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Look how clever all y'all are...

August 04, 2008 8:55 AM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

I had to get a new puter due to "fan error" that wont let me turn on the other one. I love techno -- music-- but that's about it! Did I tell you my new address is www.myisim.blogspot.com

August 05, 2008 5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home