Thursday, October 18, 2007

Just 'Cause I'm Completely Self-Indulgent

A blustery morning turned into a rather windy afternoon.

We lost power at about 3 o'clock.

I followed all the necessary steps, learned after the Big Blow:

Swear.
Turn off computer.
Get out flashlights and candles.
Keep refrigerator closed.
Call Neighbor so she makes sure to come right home after work so we can start drinking.
Call Hat.
Call JP.
Instruct aforementioned bloggers to please post something on my behalf tomorrow if I haven't posted by 9am. (Because between the 2 of them I think everyone on my blogroll is covered).
Imagine self in cold and dark for days.
Put perky face on situation for Child.
Swear.

The power came back on at about 6:30. The house is warm, the fridge is humming, nothing in the fridge/freezer went bad and I'll be able to watch "The Office" tonight.

Life is good.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger PridePress opined...

Hey There...

I know I have seen you comment on Alan's various blogs. They are gone!

Do you know if he's OK?

Let me know on my page. I have been reading and commenting with him since his Swede...I am worried about him; especially as his blogs appear to be deleted.

I am hoping he is just crazy busy with his job...But his last active post didn't seem quite right.

I hope you know something. I emailed him, and nothing.

Thanks.

g

October 18, 2007 7:03 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Gary, he's fine. He left a comment in on Red 7's blog in answer to your query there. All is well. Aren't you a sweetie for caring?

October 18, 2007 7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Drinking with neighbor = good.

Having Power = good.

Alan = good.

Life = good.

October 19, 2007 6:09 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Yep. And I still have to figure out how I got my cell phone to be on speaker like that...then you can join us for cocktails more often.

Thanks for being there, Poodle. I'm glad you didn't have to be there like you were there during the Big Blow but still, it's nice to have a go-to guy. Mu-ah!

October 19, 2007 6:42 AM  
Blogger PridePress opined...

Thank you Lorraine!

I am glad to hear he is fine.

October 19, 2007 9:52 AM  
Blogger Seattle Coffee Girl opined...

Hi, we did just fine here last night. Power went out at 5:00 and didn't come back until 9:00. Then went out again around midnight. I hope you got my message on your cell that I wasn't coming...

October 19, 2007 10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Did you put the clothes in the dryer?

October 19, 2007 12:21 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Got the message, SCG. Sorry we couldn't get together but it was for the best, eh? Stay warm!

Hat, you know too much.

October 19, 2007 2:16 PM  
Blogger Kimberly Ann opined...

Yep, my power was out too so no surfing or blogging for moi. Serious withdrawl issues. We'll have to get a generator...

October 19, 2007 3:02 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Kimberly Ann, that was the hardest thing about the Big Blow, no? Sure, it sucked sitting in the cold and dark for 5 days but being without the Interwebs that long? Yikes!

October 19, 2007 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home